MENU

Sunday 12 May 2019

Stampin' Up! Foxy Friends Farewell

We are another week closer to saying goodbye to the retiring products this year, and as much as I look forward to playing with all the new goodies, it is bittersweet to bid some old favourites farewell.  The Foxy Friends stamp set (and matching punch) will be hard to lose!

Several days ago I shared the "girl" version of this card on my Instagram (@justbstamping) and Facebook (justbstamping) pages, but I saved the "boy" version for you this week.

I think there is a strong trend right now away from the gender-neutral baby things...green and yellow just aren't cutting it anymore it seems!  When I receive custom card requests they almost always want a girl or boy card.  This card is super cute in any colour.


Isn't he just too cute?  As a mom of two boys I can assure you that I still wanted soft, pretty colours for my boys, and this combo of Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove and Soft Sea Foam sure does the trick.

I actually used three different retiring sets on this card--told ya I was going to enjoy every last minute with them!  The Tree Rings and Pick A Pennant stamp sets are also retiring at the end of the month.


I stamped by sweet little fox on whisper white cardstock and then cut it out with the stitched circle die and mounted it on a scalloped circle in pool party.  I added a little sea foam foliage across the top, and anchored my focal point on a strip of green also stamped with foliage.


I stamped my pennant banner in pool party with Early Espresso letters welcoming the new arrival.  The tree rings and base are Crumb Cake.


I continued the foliage theme to the inside of the card and added some sweet little footprints across the bottom.  


In case you missed seeing the pink version, here is another look:


And one last look at this week's feature:


You can click here to shop in my store if you want any of these products before they retire!

Have a great week,
Barb







No comments :

Post a Comment