MENU

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree Farewell

The retiring list is out and for the month of May I am going to focus on spending some final quality time with my favourites while I can.


The Sheltering Tree stamp set is one I have used a LOT, and I'll be sad to see it retire at the end of the month (although I have seen the new catalogue and trust me, there are TONS of great sets I can't wait to get my hands on!).   I love that it can be any season, and really any colour that I want.  This time around I used Petal Pink and Calypso Coral to evoke some spring buds--because if I can't see them in real life at least I can create some on my own!

I stamped my tree in Soft Suede ink (my ink pad was pretty dry, so if yours isn't you should stamp off once to get the same softer colour I achieved) and then stamped the leaves three times:  once in Petal Pink; once in Calypso Coral; and once in Soft Sea Foam, rotating the stamp each time to get a tree full of leaves.


One of the best parts of this set is that the leaves are a separate stamp from the base of the tree, so I don't have to use markers to get the different colours on one stamp.  So much faster to just tap-tap-tap and go!

I used a mask and sponge daubers to create my cloudy sky with Pool Party ink, stopping the clouds about halfway down but lightly sponging the ink all the way to the grass line.

I used Pear Pizzazz ink and the two grass stamps included in the set to ground my tree, and then sponged ink overtop there as well to fill it in.

I layered my front panel on a strip of Petal Pink cardstock about 1/2" wider than the panel, so that there is a thin border of pink all the way down each side.  Then I mounted the whole thing on a piece of wood DSP.

The Wood Textures DSP will also be retiring at the end of the month (or while supplies last) and I have definitely stocked up!  I love the way it adds texture without adding thickness to a project.


I used Pear Pizzazz to stamp the "thinking of you" sentiment from the set on a Sea Foam banner.  It's popped up on dimensionals and anchored to the card front with a burlap twine bow on the left-hand side.

All of the retiring products are while supplies last, so don't wait if you are considering adding this set or paper to your craft room!  You can purchase all of these products and more in my store here.


Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment below with your favourite season and you could win a prize!

Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment