MENU

Sunday 9 June 2019

Colour Challenge (TGIFC215)

Hi all, I'm participating in my first ever TGIF colour challenge this week!  I enjoy having my creativity stretched to new places, and I'm hoping this will continue to help me expand my horizons.  :)

This week's challenge was to create a project using Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, and Pool Party.  I decided to use some bright green DSP as my background, and added some blue elephants in the coordinating colours, for this baby card.  Who says baby stuff has to be pastel?!

I think this is so fun!  Both elephants come from the Little Elephant stamp set and were punched with the coordinating Elephant Builder punch.  The sentiment is from the some set but is meant to be stacked on top of each other in more of a square shape.  A quick snip with the scissors and I made one stamp into two, allowing me to place them side-by-side instead, and ink them in two different colours.

The little corner cutaway was made with a circle die--they are a great tool to have on hand because they come in a variety of sizes, so you always have the perfect one on hand!  I also used the stitched scallop border die from the Stitched Be Mine dies to make that pretty edging on the polka dot panel.

The scalloped rectangle is popped off the card base with dimensionals, and the elephants are popped up too, lending great dimension to this card.

I finished it off with a white twine bow and some candy dots in Pool Party.

Thanks for checking out my first TGIF post--here's to many more to come!


No comments :

Post a Comment