MENU

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Garden Lane Zig Zag Mini Album


I am still exploring my new goodies from the new catalogue and it is so much fun! Everything is available to purchase now in my online store.  All that new DSP in particular is so pretty, it's a challenge to play with just one at a time.  For my project this week I was looking for something that would really showcase the beautiful Garden Lane paper, and I found just the thing:  a mini album!


This mini album is the perfect size for the wallet-sized school pictures you get every year.  And because it is such a neutral background it will help those photos stand out!  This album is a fun zig-zig shape, which means you can say goodbye to all of those tough binding options you've seen in other albums, and get all the real estate you need with ease.


I followed this great tutorial by Kay, and I think the design is so cool.  And it would be easy to make this in bigger dimensions to fit other sized photos as well.  Basically you score alternating ends of the pages so they "flip" easily, and then glue them all together and decorate.  Super simple!  And I ended up with six double-sided pages to display my photos, in one sturdy little book.

As I mentioned, I used all of the Garden Lane DSP options to decorate my mini book.  The dimensions worked well to get the little strips of DSP for the "binding' pieces and one "page" background from one 5.25 x 4.0 piece of DSP.  Waste not, want not!


I added a couple little pockets to the album as well (as seen in the tutorial) and tucked in a few little tags for journaling.



For the cover I used the beautiful Stitched Nested Labels and the largest image from the Free as a Bird stamp set, coloured with Blends.  I love that this paper looks great with a variety of the new stamp sets, allowing for more diversity in my projects.

Here's a closer look:


The album is closed with the White Linen Ribbon in the Magnolia Lane combo pack--I can tell that this will be a favourite too.  :)

I am thinking about offering this as an event this summer--let me know if you would be interested in creating your own mini album!

Have a good week,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment