MENU

Saturday 15 June 2019

Above the Clouds (Stamping Symphony Blog Hop)

It's time for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop!  Thanks for hopping along with us. :)

This month we are featuring our favourite item from the new catalogue and I have to say...it was an incredibly tough choice!  I'm still not sure this is my very favourite yet, as I love a lot of the new items, but this one is definitely high on the list (no pun intended).


This is one of the images from the Above the Clouds stamp set, which I stamped in Memento ink and then punched with the coordinating Hot Air Balloon Punch. I coloured my rainbow balloon with the Blends markers and I love how I was able to get the shading so easily with these markers.  They make me feel like an artist every time!

I die cut a stitched rectangle out of Whisper White paper and sponged the edges in Pool Party to give a soft sky look to my background.  I really wanted the coloured balloon to pop so I kept everything else very minimal on my card front.


I added some Smoky Slate clouds to the background piece and then mounted it onto a Thick Whisper White card base.  I added the balloon, basket, and trail of flags (also coloured in rainbow order) using Dimensionals, and they really look like they are going to float right off the page.



I finished the card by stamping "Let your dreams soar" in the bottom left corner in Basic Gray.  Inside I added another line of coloured flags and a sentiment.


This would be a great graduation card, or even a farewell card for someone heading off on their next adventure.

Please leave me a comment below before you hop on to see what everyone else created for you this month.  I truly appreciate your time!


JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)

Thanks for hopping by!
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment