MENU

Sunday 4 February 2018

Retirement Card & Big News

Happy Sunday Everyone, another week--and another month--has come and gone.  I have been working on LOTS of projects using my new products from the Occasions catalogue.  And I have other big news....stay tuned to the end of today's post to find out. ;)

Salebration is almost half over but don't worry, there is still lots of time earn FREE items. :)  My card this week features the Celebrate You thinlit dies, which I earned for FREE restocking my cardstock supply.  What a deal!  Click here to find out more:  Free Saleabration Items Here

My husband's co-worker, Wally, retired last week, and since they have worked together for 20+ years we wanted to send him off to his next adventure with a fond farewell.  I was tasked with creating a card for the group to sign with their well wishes.

Wally is a Labatt's Blue drinker, so I had a great excuse to purchase the new Bubble Over Bundle from Stampin' Up!.  This set is so versatile, and while I have used it for beer bottles this time it could just as easily be used to create soda pop, cider, coolers or lemonade bottles.  The bar is the limit!

I made my card extra-large so there would be lots of room for everyone to sign their name and leave a little note of good wishes.  This was easily accomplished by folding in a half a full sheet of 8.5" x 11" thick Whisper White cardstock.  It also allowed me to fit 10 bottles of "beer" on the front to kick off the celebration!


As I mentioned, Wally's beer of choice is Labatt's Blue, so I used their label as inspiration for my colour choices.    My bottles are cut out of Soft Suede cardstock with the coordinating die and I sponged Soft Suede ink on the edges to give the illusion of 3D.  The labels are also cut with a coordinating die from Pacific Point cardstock.

Do you recognize my maple leaf?  It comes from the Wickedly Sweet Paper Pumpkin stamp set.  Paper Pumpkin is so cool--you get everything you need to make an awesome project, and you are left with a stamp set you can use again in the future.  The gift that keeps on giving!  And it gets even better during saleabration, because if you purchase a pre-paid subscription it counts towards getting you FREE products.

For my background I used some of the Bubbles and Fizz DSP which was mounted onto Silver Foil paper, then onto Bermuda Bay, and then onto Real Red.  I adhered some of the beer bottles directly onto the DSP, but I popped a few up with dimensionals as well.

Using those FREE Celebrate You thinlits, I cut "celebrate" from Silver Glimmer Paper and Basic Black cardstock, offsetting my black just a wee bit to form a small shadow.  This was mounted onto a vellum banner, with a small Whisper White banner behind to hide the adhesive.

I kept the inside very simple so as not to take away any writing space.  Another beer bottle glued on top of a sponged Pacific Point oval, a quick sentiment, and complete!


It's hard to see in my photo but I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes set to add "Happy Retirement" under the "May your days bubble over with happiness" sentiment from the Bubble Over stamp set.  And I used a little trick to change "day" to "days"....I stamped the sentiment first, cleaned the stamp, and then inked only the 's' from "happiness" and added to "day."

And now for the big news!  I finally figured out how to make a Facebook Business Page!  I spent a great deal of time this weekend working on it, so if you haven't seen it yet, please do pop by and let me know what you think.  Just click here to get you there fast!  All feedback will be taken as constructive criticism. :)

What would be your favourite drink to make with these awesome stamps and dies?  I'm going to try a raspberry vodka cooler next!

Barb



Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment