MENU

Sunday 28 January 2018

You Are Legendary!

What do unicorns call their father?  Pop-corn!

There's nothing like starting your week with a little punny goodness. And it helps introduce my card this week, featuring the oh-so-cute unicorn from the Magical Day stamp set.  This image is super sweet all on its own, but paired with a sponged "rainbow" and the new Glitter Embossing Paste, it's....legendary. :)



Isn't this a sweet idea?!  I cased a pin from Pinterest and am so pleased with the Stampin' Up! version.  I coloured my unicorn pink with a flowing rainbow mane using my Stampin' Blends.  They are so much fun to play with!  And did you notice I gave the rainbow treatment to the uni-corn too?  Here is a closer look:


From this closeup you can also see a little of my sponged background.  It was a multi-step process:  first I used daubers to sponge some Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Pool Party ink onto a Whisper White background, and then embossed it with the Softly Falling TIEF.  Finally, I used the cloud mask from the Party Pattern Decorative Masks along with the new Shimmery White Embossing Paste to make my clouds sparkle.  I'll be honest, I did a little happy dance when I removed the mask and saw how pretty the clouds were.  You get it, I know you do!


I mounted my background on a piece of Pink Powder, and heat embossed my sentiment in silver on a strip of vellum, which I wrapped around the whole thing. Then I glued the whole shebang to my Tranquil Tide card base.  I used the coordinating thinlit dies to cut around my unicorn, and then mounted it on some dimensionals to the vellum strip.

Because I had done soooo much to the front of my card, I kept the inside quite simple.


Wouldn't this be a sweet card for the little girl in your life?  Or her friends?  Or your friends?  :)  We all deserve a little magic on our birthday, right?!

Interested in a creative escape of your own?  Join me in my craft room and we'll take some legendary me-time together!  Email me to make arrangements.

Have a fantastic week!
Barb


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment