MENU

Sunday 21 January 2018

Pretty as a Peacock

Another week has flown by!  I am happy to say I was able to carve out some crafting time for myself--hope you can say the same!  Life is busy and it's so easy to put ourselves last.  Making a little bit of time for myself each week is my New Year's resolution this year. :)

I am LOVING all of the FREE Saleabration products from Stampin' Up! this year.  With a free item of your choice for every $60 spent, you can't go wrong!  Even better, become a demonstrator with NO OBLIGATION and get a special deal PLUS two free stamp sets.  Best deal of the year!!!

My card this week features the Beautiful Peacock stamp set.  A few years ago my Mom (hi Mom!) made a beautiful pieced peacock quilt, and ever since I have been seeing peacocks everywhere.  Mom, you trend-setter you!  When I saw this stamp set in the free Saleabration brochure I knew I finally had to get one.


 
I started by stamping my peacock in Island Indigo ink on a whisper white stitched circle; then I added a multi-coloured tail by sponging Emerald Envy and Elegant Eggplant on to the two-step stamping tail piece.  This is such a great feature of Stampin' Up! stamps these days; I'd love to show you how easy it is to accomplish this fantastic look at a class sometime!

I added some flourished "feathers" to my peacock by stamping twice without re-inking with Elegant Eggplant.  This a great way to get more mileage from your ink colours:  you can get several variations of the same colour by simply stamping multiple times.  My Technique Tuesday class is a great way to learn about simple techniques like this.  :)


I used some of the smaller stamps in the set to make patterned cardstock circles for my background, using colour-on-colour to give dimension without making the background too busy.

I ran a piece of Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics embossing folder, keeping with my circle background theme.  I popped my stitched circle up on some dimensionals to give my card some 3D powder, and added a small sentiment on a Whisper White banner, along with a small bow using Whisper White Organza Ribbon.  I think it adds just the right finishing touch.

I kept it simple on the inside of my card, adding another stamped and sponged peacock partially on the lower right corner, and stamping "happy birthday" in the centre.

I'd love to have you join me on my next creative escape.  Please consider emailing me if you are interested, my class dates and times are flexible. :)

Have a great week,
Barb 


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment