MENU

Thursday 15 February 2024

Stamping Symphony Sale-a-bration Hop

Sale-a-bration is well underway and I am definitely enjoying my freebies!  One of my favourites is the Trusty Toolbox DSP....I may have several packages of it!  ;)  It is perfect for fun masculine projects, and I decided to make this 3D tool box treat holder for my husband for Valentine's Day:


Isn't it so fun!!!  It is comprised of one large compartment, and two small compartments, all of which open and hold a different snack.  The two smaller compartments sit on top of the large compartment and swivel out, allowing access to the large snack.


It was surprisingly simple to make.  I followed this tutorial on assembling a picnic basket, but totally transformed the look by using the tool-box themed paper in the pack.  One note:  the bottom base in the tutorial is made from a larger piece of cardstock (11" x 15") than I had on hand, so instead I took 2, 11" x 12" pieces of cardstock and overlapped them slightly to end up with a piece the correct dimensions.  Once assembled you don't see the seam at all, so it's an easy work-around.

 I took care to line up my paper pieces so the pattern looked continuous, which I think helps lend to the "realness" of the final project.  I also added a piece of stiff cardstock to the bottom of the large compartment to reinforce the box.  I just used the white piece that came in the DSP pack to do this.

I am all about the puns, so I filled the treat compartments with "nuts & bolts" (we always called them that, but I know the brand name is Bits and Bites), sour "keys", and then some caramel popcorn (not a pun, but the others are totally something you would find in a real toolbox!).  



Thanks for stopping by today to see my project.  The Stamping Symphony team is hopping on Instagram with more Sale-a-bration inspiration for you, please join us there to see all the amazing projects this month.

Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment