MENU

Sunday 4 February 2024

Sale-a-brate Friendship Creation Station Hop

The Creation Station Design Team is hopping this month with a theme of "Sale-a-brating Friendship" -- so fun!  I used three sale-a-bration freebies to create this fun fold card for you today:


This triple-panel fun fold was a great way to showcase two of the pretty designs in the Sunny Day DSP pack, one of the free sale-a-bration goodies this year.  All of the papers are very different but brighten the gloomy days we have right now!

I also used the Softly Sophisticated sale-a-bration bundle, which comes with an amazing dotted embossing folder (love, love, love!) and a stamp set with a mix of sentiments and images.  I used the floral stem and flowers images to decorate my labels, and I love that they are two separate pieces, so I could ink them with both Pool Party and Petal Pink Inks without issue.

My front sentiment is from a new stamp set, Hooray For Surprises, which comes with some fun dies I haven't had a chance to play with yet--stay tuned!  And the inside sentiment is from the Flowers of Friendship Stamp Set.

I think my favourite new product in the mini catalogue are the pierced labels that come in the Thoughtful Expressions Dies.  I am using them on EVERYTHING these days!  For this card, I die cut three labels from Basic White Cardstock that were the same size, and one smaller label for my front sentiment.   To assemble, I glued the label to the front panel first, and then used it as a guide for the other two labels on each of their panels, so they line up perfectly and hide when the card is closed.

The base of the card is formed from a piece of 4.25" x 10.75" cardstock, scored at 3.5" and 7".  Each panel houses one piece of 3-3/8" x 4-1/8" DSP and a matted strip of 0.5" x 3-3/8".  

For my final sale-a-bration product, I created a bow from the Pool Party Ribbon.  The ribbon is quite wide, so I cut it down each side into small strips, and then tied them together with a piece of white twine for a delicate bow.


Up next is Denita Wright-Smee and her lovely creation, be sure to keep hopping along to see what she and the rest of the team have for you this month.



Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment