MENU

Friday 26 January 2024

Life's Special Occasions

Welcome to my blog and the Stampin' Friends Life's Special Occasions Blog Hop!  There is so much to celebrate every year, so you are sure to be inspired today.  For my project I created this card, perfect for a wedding or an anniversary:

I started with a Pebbled Path Cardstock base--my favourite new in colour by far!  The cardstock is cut at 4.25" x 11" and scored at 5.5".  On that I layered a 4" x 5.25" piece of beautiful paper from the Nature's Sweetness DSP pack.  I love the botanical journal feel of this paper!

On another piece of Pebbled Path Cardstock I heat embossed my sentiment, from the Something Fancy Stamp Set, in white, and then die cut it with a gorgeous pierced label shape from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies.

To decorate my card front I heat embossed the small floral image from the Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set in white on Water Colour Paper.  I used my Berry Burst, Pebbled Path and Grey Granite Ink Pads as water colour palettes, and added soft colour to my images before die cutting with the coordinating dies.  I popped the die cuts up on Dimensionals before adding them to my card base.  

Finally, I added some Rhinestones for just the right amount of shine!

I kept the inside of my card simple, with another stamped image (this time in Pebbled Path Ink), and a sentiment in Berry Burst Ink, both from the Thoughtful Expressions Stamp Set.

I hope my card inspires you to celebrate someone special this year!  

Please be sure to leave a comment and then hop along to see what the rest of the Stampin' Friends have for you today, with the links below.

Blog Hop Index


Happy Crafting,
Barb


6 comments :

  1. Wow - this is just stunning - thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! I was having a hard time liking this color, but MAN did you do it justice! I'll be sure to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I need play with this immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have provided you with inspiration!

      Delete