MENU

Friday 23 February 2024

Stampin' Friends Fabulous Fun Fold Blog Hop

How is it already time for the Stampin' Friends February blog hop?!  The year is already slipping away from me.  Luckily our "fun fold and a 3D project" theme is something I couldn't wait to tackle!  So for you this month I have this amazing Box Seat Fold Card (with a slight variation), and a cute matching treat holder:



This design is courtesy
of Sue Campfield and was lots of fun to make.  I changed the final fold a little bit, to give my card a bit more stability.  The two fold in the middle section are intended to both fold to the back, but I have the bottom section folded out, which I found helped my card stand better.  My card is a bit front-heavy with all those gorgeous lavender die cuts!

The Perennial Lavender Suite is a favourite from the mini catalogue, and perfect for this fun fold design.  I used the stamps, dies, and paper in my projects today.  I'm considering this the appetizer to my Perennial Lavender Retreat which kicks off tonight!

I wanted to play with a watercolour look for this project, so I started by spraying water on a piece of watercolour paper, and then stamping the lavender image on top.  This caused the ink to bleed, but I wanted an even more washed-out look, so I also "painted" water over top of the stamped image with my aquapainter.  I used two different shades of purple (Berry Burst and Orchid Oasis) for my focal images, and for the background filler pieces.  

My little treat holder is a simple pinch-top box to which I added a die cut label.  I used the same technique as above to create a watery background, using the single lavender stem image from the stamp set, and coordinating colours.  By using the same checkered DSP as I used in the card, these two are definitely a matching set.

Thank you for joining me today, please hop along to see more fun folds and 3D projects!


>Happy Crafting,
Barb

4 comments :

  1. Brilliant to alter it that way! I agree it's a little instable unless you really push back the sides. It's a gorgeous card. (I also had altered mine to have the white panels in the back on the sides rather than the middle, makes it easier to write your message(s).) Looking forward to the Retreat! Can hardly wait. All ready to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun fold on your card - I'm going to have to try that one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is this a great fun fold on my list to try ;-) who doesn't love a little pinch top box

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has got to be one of my most favorite suites! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete