MENU

Sunday 3 March 2024

Creation Station Sweet Delights & Sugared Dreams Blog Hop

Well here we are in March already, with Easter just a few weeks away!  This month's Creation Station Design Team hop theme--Sweet Delights & Sugared Dreams-- was the perfect excuse to get started on some Easter treat boxes.



This adorable treat box is part of the February 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit, but I altered the project a little bit from what was intended.  I particularly love Paper Pumpkin around holidays, as the stamp sets usually have great sentiments and images perfect for timely crafts, like this "Happy Easter" and the cut bunny.  I keep all of my Paper Pumpkin stamp sets in a box, sorted by theme, so it's easy to go looking for just the right holiday stamp from that collection.  

So to start, I inked the edges of the printed treat box with Granny Apple Green and Crumb Cake Inks, using my Blending Brushes, to give it some more visual depth.  

Next, I die cut a beautiful label from the Sentimental Park Dies in Very Vanilla Cardstock, along with a stitched "inner" label in Basic White Cardstock.  For the inner label, I splattered some Granny Apple Green Ink using my Blends marker, and then stamped the Happy Easter sentiment from the included stamp set in Black Memento Ink.

I stamped the bunny image in Black Memento Ink and then coloured him lightly with my Ivory Blends marker, fading in to the centre of the image.  I added a little Petal Pink Blends to the inside of his long ears, as well as his cheeks for a Spring-time glow.

The leaf die cuts tucked behind my bunny are from the add-on Love of Spring Dies.  I love that they have started to add dies as an option to the Paper Pumpkin kits, particularly since they coordinate with multiple kits.

I popped my bunny up on dimensionals, and then added the completed label to the front of my treat box with dimensionals across the bottom only, so the top of the label goes beyond the flat part of the box and you can still see the pretty green floral print.  

I added a bunch of Basic Rhinestones to the centre of each of the flowers on the label, and I also added some Champagne Iridescent Dots to the label itself.  Finally, I replaced the twine that came in the kit with some green stitched ribbon from the Cotton Ribbon Combo Pack.

Now I just need to head to the store and grab some delicious chocolate treats and my Easter gift is ready to share!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Please be sure to hop along to Sara Nell Langland's page to see her sweet project. 

Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment