MENU

Sunday 1 October 2023

Creation Station Tricky Treats Hop

We are sharing Tricky Treats today on the Creation Station Design Team blog hop.  I'm not a big Hallowe'en fan, but I almost always make fun treat holders for Thanksgiving, and this year is no exception.  Canadian Thanksgiving is already this coming weekend, so this challenge was very timely!  I made these adorable mini chocolate bar holders that will make the perfect addition to our place settings this year.

Welcome to the October 2023 Creation Station Design Team Hop, I'm so glad you're here!  You may be joining me from Sara Nell Langland's blog -- if so, I know you've already been inspired by her lovely work.  We are all so excited to share our projects today, so be sure to keep hopping by clicking the button at the bottom of my post and continue on to Yvonne Spikman's project.

As you can see, each treat holder is unique, so you can customize to individual preferences or just make a variety and every one can choose their favourite.  I used various papers from the All About Autumn 6" x 6" DSP pack, and matched my pumpkins to the colour palette.

The pumpkins are from the Pick of the Patch Stamp Set, and are punched with the coordinating Pick of the Patch Builder Punch.  The punch punches both pumpkins and their steps at once, so it's a great time saver.  Just set up a template and stamp to match!

If cutesy pumpkins aren't your thing, you can add some grown up pizzazz by watercolouring them.  I first stamped the pumpkins using my ink, and then added some water with my Water Painter and moved the ink around a bit.  It softens the edges and allowed me to add a lot of depth.  In the photo below you can see the original image stamped in Pumpkin Pie Ink; the middle pumpkin has added the watercolour affect; and the final photo has some Calypso Coral Ink added to the edges for shading.

Each box is created in the same way:  start with a 4" x 4.5" piece of cardstock, and on the 4" side score at 0.5" and 3.5".  On the 4.5" side score at 1", 1.5", 3", and 3.5".  I found this idea a while ago on the Inking Idaho blog, and followed her instructions.  :)  Trim the cardstock and add DSP to look like this:

You know I love a good belly band, and this treat box was the perfect excuse to make another one!  I used a strip of matching cardstock about 1" wide and wrapped it lightly around the closed box.  Then I added some ribbon and my punched pumpkins with Dimensionals.

I also heat embossed a sentiment from the Pick of the Patch Stamp Set for each box, but you could also handwrite names on a piece of cardstock and use these treat boxes as place cards on your holiday table.


I'll end with some closeups of each box so you can see all of the details.  Please be sure to keep hopping to Yvonne Spikmans at The Creative Teacup for more tricky treat inspiration!







Thanks so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you spending some time with me!

Yvonne Spikmans (click the button below)

Happy Crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment