MENU

Friday 22 September 2023

Stampin' Friends Say It With Sentiments

It's time for another Stampin' Friends Blog Hop today, and our theme is "say it with sentiments."  I decided to make a double-gate fold card with some soft background DSP and muted embellishments to really make my heat embossed sentiment shine.


My card base, made from Misty Moonlight Cardstock, is 5.5" x 11" scored at 1.25", 3-3/8", 7-5/8", and 9.75".  Fold on the score marks as follows:  mountain fold, valley fold, valley fold, mountain fold; and ensure that the pieces come together nicely in the centre of the card base.

I covered all of the panels created by my score marks with a snowy scene from the Winter Meadow DSP.  You could leave the inside panels blank but with paper this pretty, I really wanted to show it off!

My belly band is made from a piece of Misty Moonlight Cardstock that is 1" wide.  I wrapped it loosely around my card base and glued the ends to create the loop--no measuring required!  To the band I added some gorgeous Silver & White Ribbon, which is so soft and pretty with a ton of shine.  

Because I wanted to keep the sentiment on my card the focal point I used muted colours for my layers of embellishments.  I started with a piece of Basic White Cardstock and die cut a square frame from the Christmas Classics Dies.  I also die cut the centre square from that die set, which I used for my sentiment.  From Misty Moonlight Cardstock I die cut a bunch of foliage from the Magical Meadow Dies.  I also die cut just a few from some Silver Glimmer Paper, which added a lot of sparkle to my card without being a distraction.

My sentiment is from the Magical Meadow Stamp Set and is heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder.  I also splattered some Light Night of Navy Blends over the sentiment square, giving it an extra-frosty feel.  Finally, I added some of the super blingy Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems--these are gorgeous and by far my favourite new embellishment!

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to comment below and then continue on the carousel to see what the rest of the team has for you this month.

Blog Hop Index

Happy Crafting,
Barb


2 comments :