MENU

Friday 15 September 2023

Mini Catalogue InstaHop with Winter Meadow

The mini catalogue is so full of great things it was hard to decide what to focus on for this month's Stamping Symphony Insta Hop....but eventually I knew I had to use the Winter Meadow Suite for it's gorgeous dies and sentiments.  Watercolouring this card gave it such a soft, serene feeling, perfect for an escape from the hustle-and-bustle that usually comes with the season.

Thanks for popping by today, I'm so glad you're here!  I have a HUGE announcement today:  I have launched a YouTube channel!!!  

I am all about getting to the point quickly, so if you're interested in quick videos that help you get the job done, I hope you'll find your way to my channel and subscribe.  :)  For my first-ever video I show step-by-step how to create this card, so I do hope you'll head there to see how easy it actually was to make this gorgeous project.

My card base is made from Lost Lagoon Cardstock that is cut a bit narrower than usual, at 4" x 11", and scored at 5.5".  I intentionally made the base smaller because I knew I wanted the sentiment to float off the edge of the card, but I still wanted it to fit in a standard A2 envelope.

I used a piece of watercolour paper and Lost Lagoon Ink to create a washed background for the card front, which I then splattered with Basic Black and Lost Lagoon Blends, as well as some white ink.  TIP:  make sure your background is completely dry before splattering, so the ink doesn't bleed.  

I used more watercolour paper to die cut and colour my many, many (many!) pieces of foliage from the Magical Meadow Dies.  I LOVE these dies, so you'll be seeing lots of them!  I coloured them with Lost Lagoon, Pretty Peacock, and Moody Mauve Inks, and then splattered them as well.


My sentiment comes from the Magical Meadow Stamp Set and was stamped on Lost Lagoon Cardstock with Black Momento Ink.  I die cut the sentiment with the smallest shape in the Nested Essentials Dies, and then splattered it as well with the Basic Black/Lost Lagoon/White combination from above.  


To add the foliage behind my sentiment I used double-sided tape, randomly adding pieces along the top and bottom to fill the space.  I also die cut three foliage pieces from Silver Glimmer Paper, which adds so much sparkle to this card!  I used Dimensionals to add the sentiment to the front of my card, setting it off to the left about 1/4" for that floating look.  

Finally, I added some more sparkle with silver Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems--simply gorgeous embellishments!


The inside of my card is a  Basic White Cardstock panel stamped with a sentiment from the Christmas Classics Stamp Set, and with the addition of a few leftover pieces of the watercolour die cuts.

If you head to my Instagram you'll be able to join in the InstaHop from there, and see all the fun projects the Stamping Symphony team has for you this month.  And one more push for my YouTube Channel!  I would so appreciate you stopping by there.

Thanks for joining me today, and happy crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment