MENU

Sunday 3 September 2023

Creation Station Monochromatic Blog Hop

Here we are already in September, which means it's time for another Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop!  I am full speed ahead with fall projects since the new mini catalogue came out, so I decided to make this fun note card set with shades of Cajun Craze for our "monochromatic" theme.


Welcome everyone, or welcome back!  If you are joining me from the amazing Elizabeth Price you have already had a taste of the fun the design team has for you today.  Be sure to keep hopping by clicking the link below to continue with the fun!

For this monochromatic theme I wanted to share some gorgeous fall colours.  My note card set includes four cards, four matching envelopes, and a matching box to keep everything neat and tidy.  Each note card in the set is 3.5" tall by 3" wide and features a different style of fall foliage, along with a stenciled background.

I started by die cutting each of my foliage pieces from watercolour paper.  I'm using the Magical Meadow Dies, which are part of the Winter Meadow Suite just released.  There is a mix of outline dies (that coordinate with the stamps in the Magical Meadow Stamp Set) and intricate dies.  I've used the intricate dies today, but I have lots of projects to share in the coming weeks using the outline dies too.


Once die cut, I watercoloured Cajun Craze Ink over each foliage piece, layering from light to dark throughout.  After the ink had dried I splattered some Cajun Craze Blends in both light and dark, which added a lot of depth and texture to the piece.

My card bases are cut from Very Vanilla Cardstock, with another Very Vanilla Layer on top that was die cut with the largest rounded rectangle from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I also die cut the smallest flag shape from that set for my sentiment.

Before adhering my die cut foliage to the rounded rectangle I softly stenciled some falling leaves in Crumb Cake Ink using the new Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks.  I also added some of these leaves to the inside of my note card, leaving the remainder blank for a personalized message.

The little card box turned out super cute!  For the box base I started with a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock cut to 5.5" x 5.25", and scored on all four sides at the 0.75" mark.  I cut away the corners to create tabs, and then glued the tabs to the sides to form an open box.  The lid is slightly larger (5-3/8" x 5-7/8") so that it will fit overtop of the bottom piece.  Before assembling the lid I stenciled some matching leaves in Crumb Cake Ink throughout.

Because my note cards are not a standard size I also made coordinating envelopes, using the All About Autumn 6" x 6" DSP pack.  I love the metallic foiling on these papers, and the Cajun Craze paper perfectly matched my card designs.

All four cards and envelopes tuck nicely inside the box, and look amazing when tied with the Natural Finish Ribbon (retired) **   There is a new Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon that would work very well here too!


If you have a moment to leave me a comment below before hopping on to Yvonne Spikmans at The Creative Teacup for more inspiration!



Happy Crafting,
Barb





1 comment :

  1. I love these little notes. So pretty and what a nice little gift set!

    ReplyDelete