MENU

Wednesday 5 July 2023

#TGIFC427 Beach Party Challenge

I am LOVING being able to participate in the TGIF Challenges again lately!  I have recently realized that being crafty is essential to refilling my energy cup, and I have committed to spending more time in my studio getting inky.  Challenge sites have been a great source of inspiration, and it's always fun to play along!  The theme this week:  Beach Party.

I'll admit it, I'm not a beach party kind of girl!  But I do love a relaxing lake with a dock and a good book, so that's where I drew my inspiration from this week.  We are actually headed to the beach in a few weeks, so I decided to create what I hope will be my view from my window with some new dies I just received on Friday (Countryside Corners Dies)!

My watery background was created using the alcohol ink technique and Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Pool Party Blends.  The sandy beach was created with the SU500 Blends.  

I didn't have any palm trees in my stamp stash, so I used the large leafy image in the Textured Floral Stamp Set and Granny Apple Green Ink to add the illusion of trees to the edges of my "window."  I popped this up on Dimensionals before adding it to my completed background, which gives it a light shadow-box feel.

My sentiment is from the Sending Smiles Stamp Set and is heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Night of Navy Cardstock.  I die cut my sentiment with the Sending Dies, glued it to a stamped and stitched Stylish Shapes banner, and popped it up on Dimensionals.  I added some pops of Sweet Sorbet in the flowers (from the Sending Dies) and 2022-2024 In Colour Baker's Twine.

I hope you like my project and will leave me a comment below!  And please head to the TGIF Challenges page and play along with their great challenges.

Happy Crafting,
Barb 



No comments :

Post a Comment