MENU

Sunday 2 July 2023

Creation Station Blog Hop

You may know that Stampin' Up! underwent a colour refresh with the launch of the new catalogue, and there are so many fun new colours to get to know.  So for our Creation Station hop this month we were challenged to make a project with just one In Colour, and one new Core Colour (plus white)--and that's it!  I selected my favourite new In Colour, Pebbled Path, and my favourite new Core Colour, Bubble Bath, paired them with the Paper Florist Dies, and created this:

Welcome to our Creation Station Blog/IG Hop!  If you are joining me from Yvonne Spikeman's  at The Creative Teacup you are no doubt already inspired by some new colours.  Thanks for stopping by here today, I'm so glad you came.

I adore this card!  It has everything I love about paper crafting:  heat embossing, dry embossing, die cutting, colour blending, and bling-bling-bling!  This is what playing with colour is all about for me.

I started with a Pebbled Path Cardstock base (4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5").  Then I used some Bubble Bath pinwheel paper that's included in the Delightfully Eclectic DSP pack (which includes a whopping 48 sheets!) in the top left and bottom right corners of a Basic White Cardstock mat.


For the top right corner I embossed some Bubble Bath Cardstock with the new Countryside Blooms Embossing Folder; for the bottom left corner I embossed some Bubble Bath ombre paper from the Bright & Beautiful DSP pack with the Basic 3D Embossing Folder pack (the large circles).


Then it was time to play with some flowers and foliage!  I started by blending Bubble Bath Ink and Pebbled Path Ink on some Basic White Cardstock with my Blending Brushes.  Then I splattered some water on top, which leaves those great dew marks.  Next, I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves with the Paper Florist Dies.  This may seem daunting--but it really isn't!  The flower dies cut two sets at one time, so it goes much faster than you may think. :)

I heat embossed my sentiment, from the Timeless Arrangements Stamp Set, with White Embossing Powder, and then die cut a circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  This I popped up on Dimensionals on my card front, and then I started layering die cuts around it until I filled the space.  

For a final touch I added a bunch of Rhinestone Basic Jewels--because you can't have enough sparkle on a card this girly!

The inside of my card leaves lots of space to write a personalized message to the recipient, and can be stamped with an appropriate sentiment in the future.  I added one more beautiful flower to the corner, and my project was complete.

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave me a comment below.

Do be sure to continue hopping to see what everyone else has for you this month.  I'm sure you'll be inspired to fall in love with some new colours too.  :)  Up next is Sara Nell Langland at Sara's Stamping Spot, be sure to hop on over!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


2 comments :

  1. Great design! Love the use of 2 different embossing folders. Very subtle but quite effective. Flowers are a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My paper florest bundle is due to arrive Wednesday. Your card is lovely and I can't wait to CASE it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete