MENU

Friday 23 June 2023

Stampin' Friends Lots of Layers Blog Hop

I love to make cards with lots of layers, so this month's Stampin' Friends Blog Hop theme was right up my alley!  The difficulty was in deciding which idea to bring to life.  :)  I finally landed on this fun fold, which is bursting with summery flowers on 3 different sections, with multiple layers on each.



I started with a Thick Basic White Cardstock base cut to 4.25" x 11" and scored at 3", 6", 7.5", 9" and 10".  By altering mountain and valley folds at each of the score marks, you create a base that has three peaks of different heights.  I thought this was the perfect way to showcase multiple cascading flowers.

On each of the peaks I layered pieces of Basic White Cardstock that I had stenciled with the Artistic Mix Masks and Azure Afternoon Ink.  I think the pop of blue really adds interest and depth to the design.  

Also on each of the peaks is a square of Basic White Cardstock that I die cut with the Stylish Shapes Dies in graduating sizes, and embossed with the Painted Posies 3D Embossing Folder.  I turned the die cuts so they formed diamonds and adhered them to the base with Tombow Glue.

Then I got to play with the AMAZING Paper Florist Dies!!!!  These are stand-alone dies (meaning they don't coordinate with a specific stamp set) that are easy to overlook in the catalogue but deserve a lot of attention.  I love the shape of the flowers, the variety of leaves and accent shapes--and don't miss the stitching on the leaves too!

For Mother's Day my family gifted me a set of colour inspiration cards, and this is my first project created from them.  I love that Stampin' Up! has such a diverse range of colours that I can easily match those products to these cards, and run with it.  This colour palette I deemed as Lost Lagoon, Azure Afternoon, Berry Burst, Flirty Flamingo, and Garden Green, and I think these bright colours are the perfect way to evoke summer.

I blended the inks on Basic White Cardstock with my Blending Brushes and then splattered them with water (which removes some of the ink) and ink from my Black Blends.  I then die cut all of the pieces and glued them together to form bunches of flowers, adding them to my card base one layer at a time to ensure that the card looks just as pretty closed as it does opened.  

My sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set and was die cut with the coordinating Sentiment Silhouettes Dies.  I popped this up on Dimensionals and placed it front-and-centre of my card front, along with a Black & White Gingham Ribbon bow.

The back of the card is decorated with another Basic White panel stenciled with the Azure Afternoon flowers, leaving the centre clear for a hand written message to the recipient.  

I love how this card turned out, and I have lots more projects made with the Paper Florist Dies to share with you in the next few weeks--once I started playing with them I just couldn't stop!

Thanks for joining us on our blog hop today, I hope you'll leave me a comment below before hopping along to see what everyone else has for you this month.  

Happy Crafting,
Barb

4 comments :

  1. WOW this is gorgeous the flower layers and colors are spot on! Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is incredible and I plan on casing it as soon as my dies get shipped and arrive in my craft room. My daughter's birthday is mid July so I hope they get here soon so I can make it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - all those flowers just bring a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AMAZING card!!! Yes, the die set can be easily overlooked, so happy I have it in my inventory!

    ReplyDelete