MENU

Monday 19 June 2023

#tgifc425 Technique Challenge

It's a technique challenge this week over at TGIF Challenges with a flip-flop theme--meaning cards that move!  That's always a fun time, and I was inspired to make this fun peek-a-boo card with the Zoo Crew DSP:


This card is so much easier to make than it looks!  I followed this tutorial by Jennifer McGuire for dimensions and sizes, and it was super simple to follow.

The base is created from three pieces of cardstock:

    Front: 4.25" x 8.25", scored at 5.5"
    Inside: 4.25" x 8.5", scored at 4.25"
    Back:  4.25" x 5.75", scored at 5.5"


From there you die cut a shape (I used circles on this project but I have used squares previously, it can be any shape you desire) in the same spot on all three layers.  The "extra" length from the front base slides in behind the inside base, swapping out the image that appears inside the circle as the card opens!


I die cut some of the fun images from the Zoo Crew DSP with two different sizes of circles, and then I coloured the background with my Pool Party Blends to add some fun colour (the images are mostly black and white, so this is a fun way to customize to your project).  I also coloured the floral DSP from that pack to keep my card bright and fun.


I also have a video on my Instagram page showing the card in motion, head there to check it out!

Thanks very much TGIF Challenges for the inspiration this week!  I hope you'll all head over to their site for links to what others created this week.

Happy Crafting,
Barb



1 comment :

  1. This is the cutest card I've seen with this set! I just love that little fox. How fun!

    ReplyDelete