MENU

Thursday 15 June 2023

Our Stamping Symphony June Instahop theme is "masculine", and I actually have two projects to share with you today. 



My first card I actually created during a recent Surprise Saturday session.  If you aren't currently joining us for this free mystery card event you need to!  Register here to get the Zoom link and measurement list weekly.

But back to the card!  I was excited to showcase so many different patterns from the Let's Go Fishing DSP pack on this card.  And my new favourite neutral, Pebbled Path Cardstock, to bring it all together.  The card base is 4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5".  To that I added a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (4" x 5.25") that I embossed with the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder for some texture.

My DSP pieces are 1.25" x 5.5", 2.75" x 4.5", and 2" x 2".  I also included a 2.25" x 2.25" square of Pebbled Path Cardstock to anchor my focal point and set off my die cuts.  All of these pieces are glued flat to each other, building up the card front.

I stamped three fish from the Gone Fishing Stamp Set in Pebbled Path Ink, and then die cut them with the coordinating Gone Fishing Dies. These are all popped up on Dimensionals to create my focal point.  The sentiment is also from the Gone Fishing Stamp Set in Pebbled Path Ink, die cut and popped up on Dimensionals.

The inside of the card is simple with a Very Vanilla Panel (4" x 5.25") and a 0.5" x 4" strip of DSP.

My second card uses the same suite of products but feels very different!  This is a fun fold, with a base that is 5.5" x 7.25", scored at 3", and a flap base of 4.25" x 4.25", scored at 1".  My main base was created from Misty Moonlight Cardstock with a mat of Night of Navy; then I reversed that order for my flap base.

I used the bluey patterns in the Let's Go Fishing DSP pack, including my favourite watery pattern.  The large DSP piece is cut to 2.75" x 5.25", the smaller is 3" x 4".  The stitched die cut is from the new Nested Essentials Die and I love the double-stitched border!  

I heat embossed the sentiment, from the Gone Fishing Stamp Set, in White Embossing Powder and then popped it up on Dimensionals.  

For the inside I added a panel of Very Vanilla Cardstock (4" x 5.25") matted with Night of Navy Cardstock, and a 0.5" x 5.25" of the watery DSP.

Two quick and easy masculine cards that each have a very different feel despite using the same coordinating products--gotta love the diversity!

Please head over to Instagram to see what the rest of the Stamping Symphony team has for you this month, you're sure to be inspired. :)

Happy Crafting,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment