MENU

Sunday 4 June 2023

Creation Station Beach Life Blog Hop

Ah summer, the beach is calling.  And if you aren't missing the sand between your toes yet, our Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop this month is going to have you pining for the surf as we highlight the Beach Life this month.


My inspiration for this card actually started with the ombre DSP in greens from the Bright & Beautiful DSP pack.  I thought it looked like the perfect snapshot of the water at the beach.  I already had the Gone Fishing Bundle on my desk, and ran with it from there!

I took a piece of Basic White Cardstock and embossed it with the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder.  It's hard to capture in a picture, but it adds a lot of movement in real life.  I glued it to a slightly larger Grey Granite Cardstock panel, and then I splattered it with my Lost Lagoon Blends marker, before adding it to my Lost Lagoon Cardstock base.

From there, it was all about layering my selected DSP.  I used a strip of Grey Granite paper from the Neutrals DSP pack, and then a strip of Lost Lagoon Cardstock that I stamped with Lost Lagoon Ink.  The image is from the Timeless Arrangements Stamp Set, and I thought it was a great match for my water theme!

I mounted the ombre DSP onto a Grey Granite mat, and then glued everything to my card front.  I die cut a circle of Basic White Cardstock and stamped it with a water image from the Gone Fishing Stamp Set in Lost Lagoon Ink.  I heat embossed a fish image from the same set in White Embossing Powder on Lost Lagoon Cardstock and then die cut it with the Gone Fishing Dies.   He's popped up on the circle with a Dimensional, and then the circle is also popped up.  

My "seaweed" was created with Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock and dies from the Timeless Arrangements Dies.  I thought they added the perfect pop of colour on my otherwise monochromatic card!  And for the final touch I added some Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems from my stash for some bubbles.


I kept the inside of my card blank so it can be used for many different occasions.  I added a strip of DSP to repeat from the outside of my card for continuity.

I was very excited with how this card came together, and I love all the textures and depth in the final product.  I hope you do too!

And now it's time to see all the other beachy inspiration this month....keep hopping on to see what Rachel has for you at Stamp Time Is Nap Time!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


2 comments :

  1. I love your layout so much ... What a fabulous layout for adding texture and interest as you have. Fabulous inspiration, Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and great lay-out! Live the bright green touches 🌺☕️

    ReplyDelete