MENU

Friday 26 May 2023

Stampin' Friends Celebrating Men Blog Hop

I have a simple card for our Stampin' Friends Celebrating Men Blog Hop this month, that lets some fabulous new paper do all the work!  This serene card would be a great start to retirement, and comes together quickly.


Thanks for hopping along with us today.  If you're joining me from Tiziana's page I know you've already had a taste of the fun!  And there's more to come, so be sure to continue hopping by clicking on the links at the end of my post.

Starting with a Misty Moonlight Cardstock base (yep, it's back!), 4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5", for a standard top-folding notecard, I then layered a piece of 4" x 5.25" watery patterned paper from the Let's Go Fishing DSP pack onto a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Basic White Cardstock--which totally makes it pop!  

In order to create an anchor point for my fish that didn't detract from my watery background, I wrapped a piece of Vellum Paper around the left side of my prepared panel and then attached it to my card base.  This alleviates that tricky vellum problem of the adhesive showing through. ;)

I knew I wanted to play with the fish die cuts from the Gone Fishing Dies, so I cut five fish from Misty Moonlight DSP (in the new Neutrals DSP Pack), as well as matching die cuts in Basic White.  I layered the two pieces together to give my DSP more stability, as I was popped them up on Dimensionals for the focal image of my card.

My sentiment is from the coordinating Gone Fishing Stamp Set and is stamped in Misty Moonlight Ink on a Basic White shape from the Nested Essentials Dies.  I love the detailed stitching around the edge of this shape--it isn't fussy, but still adds some texture and movement to the piece.   I stamped a couple of fishy faces in stamped-off Misty Moonlight as well, added some 2023-2025 In Color Dots, and then popped it up on Dimensionals.

For the inside of my card I added a strip of the DSP and one more fish, leaving lots of room for well wishes to the retiree.

If you're able, please leave me a comment before hopping on to see what Maureen has for you this month!

Blog Hop Index


Happy Crafting,
Barb




1 comment :

  1. Very nice - I've got this set but have not used yet, need to break it out :)

    ReplyDelete