MENU

Sunday 9 April 2023

TGIF415 Colour Challenge

Colour challenges are a great way to spark creativity, especially when the chosen colours aren't in your typical wheelhouse.  That was certainly the case for me this week with the #TGIF415 colour challenge:  Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Real Red!

Red and yellow are not my go-tos, so whenever I am stumped with a colour combination I immediately default to a lot of white and a fun fold!  

I found this fun fold on  JanB's YouTube channel, which is a variation of her Inside Block Card, and it is so much easier to make than you think!  Check out her video for full step-by-step instructions, but do note that I did alter the measurements a little bit so that the finished card would fit in a standard envelope:  the base is 5.5" tall x 10.5" wide, and the blocks are 1" wide.  

This is a hard card to photograph!  I decorated the front of my card with a panel of Basic White Cardstock that I embossed with the beautiful Painted Posies 3D Embossing Folder.  Every time I use this embossing folder I am amazed at the depth of the imprint!  Before adhering the embossed panel to the card base I wrapped some baker's twine around it with a pretty bow.

My focal point is created Stylish Shapes Die circle that I watercoloured with Bermuda Bay Ink.  The flowers are from the Two-Tone Flora Stamp Set, die cut with the matching dies.  The sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set, heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Real Red Cardstock, then die cut with the outline die.  I also added several Festive Pearls for some shine.

The inside of this card is where the real wow comes from.  I used my Artistic Mix Decorative Masks and Daffodil Ink to blend this pretty background on two panels before gluing them to the other two panels of the card base.  I took a piece of 4" x 7" Basic White Cardstock and embossed it with the same Painted Posies 3D Folder, then cut it into 1" strips.  I love how it mimics the card front!

I used the same masks and ink for the back of my card, where you can write a message to the recipient.

Be sure to check out the TGIF site to see all of the entries this week, I know you'll be inspired by the variety to see there!

Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment