MENU

Saturday 8 April 2023

Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge

This week at Just Add Ink they have posted a sketch challenge, which is always fun to play along with.  For my project I flipped the sketch to the left side and used some retiring products to create something bright and fun:

Polished Pink is an out going In Colour, which means it is only available while supplies last. :(  I used both Polished Pink Ink and Cardstock on this project along with some retiring Awash In Beauty DSP to create my card and say goodbye to this pretty colour!

I followed the sketch very closely but added some Basic Black layering mats to make that bright pink pop.  I watercoloured a "splotch" of Polished Pink Ink for my smaller layer, splattering it with Basic Black and Polished Pink Blends.  I fussy cut some florals form the Awash In Beauty DSP and added it to the left side of my watercoloured layer, and then added some cardstock strips in Polished Pink and Basic White to match the sketch.  I did dry emboss the Polished Pink layer with the new Cane Weave Embossing Folder for some texture. 

I heat embossed my sentiment, from the Sentimental Park Stamp Set in White Embossing Powder on Basic Black Cardstock, and then added it to my card front with Dimensionals.

You can check out all of the entries this week over at the Just Add Ink site--it's always fun to see how different the final projects from a sketch challenge end up!  And head over to Instagram too. #JAI647 #justaddinkchallenge.

Happy Crafting,
Barb



2 comments :

  1. It is indeed a bright and fun card! The watercolour effect from your focal images look stunning against the leafy background. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful product choices Barb! Such a lovely use of the sketch. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete