MENU

Saturday 15 April 2023

Heavenly Hollyhocks Farewell

The Heavenly Hollyhocks Bundle was a hidden gem in the catalogue and it did not get enough attention!  I adore these gorgeous layering dies, so I had to feature them one more time before they retire this month.  Our Stamping Symphony Instahop theme this month was retiring products, so this project was the perfect fit to share!

I love watercolouring to create a soft, spring-like background, and it definitely created the look I was going for here.  I used a piece of Watercolour Paper 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and added splotches of Calypso Coral and Parakeet Party Inks randomly.  Once dry, I splattered some full strength ink using my Blends.

The Layering Hollyhocks Dies are just so gorgeous--and they are on sale for 60% off right now!!!  You won't regret picking these up for a steal!  There are two large dies included in the set that I layered to create my focal image.  I die cut the shadow layer from Basic White Cardstock, and the detail layer from more Watercolour Paper.  I added colour to the detail layer with my Petal Pink, Calypso Coral and Parakeet Party Inks, and then glued to the white shadow die.

My sentiment is from the coordinating Heavenly Hollyhocks Stamp Set and is heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black Cardstock.

Although we no longer have a team blog hop you can head to my Instagram page and hop along with everyone there as we say goodbye to our favourite retiring products this month.

Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment