MENU

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Stamping Symphony Instahop: Fun Folds

The Stamping Symphony team has moved away from a blop hop and is permanently running an Instahop now, but I'm old school, so I'll continue to share my creations on my blog too. :)  Do be sure to head to Instagram to join in the hop and see all of the creations this month though--I promise it will be worth the visit.

Our theme this month is fun folds and it was so hard to narrow down the options!  Fun folds are one of the best parts of card making, as they offer a challenge for the maker and a real WOW for the recipient.  I finally settled on this great fun fold, which is not only a gatefold card, but a pull out card too!  They are a challenge to photograph though!  Above is what the card looks like when it is first opened, and then it transforms into this:


Isn't that amazing?!  And I haven't even shown you the front yet. :)  This super cool pull out is hidden behind a cheater gatefold card!  You would never expect the drama about to unfold.

The Country Floral Lane DSP is great for so much more than Valentine's Day projects.  After all, it's always the right time of year to tell someone how much you care about them!  I used four different patterns from the DSP pack on this project, so it's a great way to showcase this pretty paper too.

The base of my card is made from Sweet Sorbet Cardstock, and is a piece measuring 4.25" x 11.5" and scored at 5.5".  Then cut 2.75" off one end ("panel"), so you are left with a piece that will attach to the pull out portion, and make a cheater gatefold.  

The 2nd base for the pull out is 3" x 11.25" also from Sweet Sorbet Cardstock scored at 3.75" and 7.5".  Fold one score line as a valley, and the other as a mountain, so that the cardstock stacks upon itself and tucks away behind the gatefold.  After covering all of the cardstock with DSP (see below for measurements), adhere the "panel" to the top of the pull out piece, lining it up to meet in the centre of your card nicely.

As I said, I used loads of DSP on this project!  You can scale it back to fewer patterns, or eliminate some pieces all together to suit your style.  To complete a project as I have you'll need:

    DSP 1: 2.5" x 4" (2 pcs)

    DSP 2: 2.75" x 3.5" (2 pcs) and 1.75" x 2.75"

    DSP 3:  4" x 5.25"

    DSP 4: 2.75" x 4" and 2.25" x 2.75"

    White Cardstock:  2.5" x 4"

To decorate my project I used my new favourite label dies (from the Sentimental Park Dies), and added some White Embossing Powder for my sentiment.  

I also added some In Colour Baker's Twine in Sweet Sorbet, and some Sparkle & Shine Sequins for some subtle shimmer.

I encourage you to give it a try, this fun fold will not disappoint!

And again, be sure to hop over to Instagram to see what the other Stamping Symphony team members have to share today.

Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment