MENU

Friday 24 March 2023

Stampin' Friends Monochromatic March Hop

When you're challenged to a monochromatic card theme you have to rely on your favourite colour, right?  So I immediately thought green!  And since I'm newly in love with the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set, everything else just fell into place this month for the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop:


For the front of my card I stamped some tone-on-tone images in Soft Sea Foam Ink directly on my Soft Sea Foam Cardstock base (see below for more details on how I created the base).  This is a great way to create your own "DSP", and is also perfect for beginners as the images are randomly stamped, so no measuring required.

I die cut a stitched rectangle from the Scalloped Contour Dies out of Mint Macaron Cardstock, which I glued flat to the centre of my card base.  I also die cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock with the Stitched Rectangles Dies, and stamped my sentiment in Black Memento Ink in the middle.  Holy Guacamole I love the puns in this set!!

To decorate the front I stamped a bunch of images from the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set in Black Memento Ink on Basic White Cardstock and then coloured them with my Stampin' Blends in Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Granny Apple Green and Ivory.  After fussy cutting each image with my Paper Snips I popped each one up on Dimensionals and randomly placed them around my sentiment.  I added some Green Adhesive Backed Pearls for a final touch.

This monochromatic card is also a fun fold!  I started with a full sheet of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (8.5" x 11") and scored it on the long side at 5.5", and on the short side at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8".  Then I cut away the small "flaps" from the top left and right of my paper.  

After burnishing the folds I stamped some more images in Soft Sea Foam Ink on the flaps, which then open to reveal the inside of my card.

There was a lot of colouring on this card, but they are such fun and easy images to colour!  I randomly stamped some more of the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set images on a 4"x 5.25" piece of Basic White Cardstock and then coloured them with my Stampin' Blends right.  I added another punny sentiment and glued the white panel into my card base.

The fun part of a monochromatic card is that you can so easily mix it up with other colours!  I see a Fresh Freesia pinata in my future. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, I would love you to leave a comment before you head on to see what everyone else has for you this month.  I know you will be inspired!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


3 comments :

  1. What a great card - I love this set so much. Your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so adorable. Green is my favorite color. I love how you colored the images

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, now I'm really happy I got this set. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete