MENU

Saturday 11 March 2023

Just Add Ink #643 Challenge

Popping in today with my card for the Just Add Ink #643 Challenge.  We were challenged to "just choose two" from the options of blending, embossing, and white; I chose white and blending for this project:

My card is inspired by a post on the Stampin' Up! official Instagram page, which I just had to try.  The lacy hexagons are simply beautiful, and easy to make!  I placed a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the back of some Basic White Cardstock and then die cut with it the background die from the Two-Tone Floral Dies.  Then I peel off the backing from the adhesive sheet, and added it onto another a piece of Basic White Cardstock.  I love the look of this but then the next step just takes it to another level!  Die cut hexagons out of the prepared panel using the Beautiful Shapes Dies, and you're left with these gorgeous lacy hexagons to add to your project.

I then decided to do some ink blending on my project, starting with a 4" x 5.25" piece of Basic White Cardstock and gently adding Petal Pink Ink using my Blending Brushes in an ombre effect.  I then splashed some water from my Water Painter, which effectively removes little droplets of ink from the blended piece.  Then I splattered some ink from my Calypso Coral and Petal Pink Blends on the panel for some added interest.

I added my lacy hexagons in a diagonal pattern onto my prepared panel, trimming them at the edges.  Then I die cut a plain white hexagon and added my flowers (from the Two-Tone Floral Stamp Set) on top with Dimensionals.  The flowers are stamped in Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake Inks that were then die cut with the coordinating Dies.

My sentiment is from the Cup of Tea Stamp Set and is stamped in Crumb Cake Ink on another hexagon die cut, popped up on Dimensionals.  

I added some pretty Genial Gems for a little sparkle as a final touch.

Head over to the Just Add Ink website to see all of the design team projects and more!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


1 comment :

  1. A lovely card - I really love the way you have added the embossing to the card - a wonderful touch. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete