MENU

Saturday 15 October 2022

Stamping Symphony Christmas Theme Blog Hop

Christmas is one of the best crafty times of the year!  I love to make everything from cards and gift tags to garlands and buffet labels.  But for our Stamping Symphony Christmas-themed Blog Hop this month I wanted to do something totally new to me....and I found this amazing carousel card fold!

This is a little tough to capture in still photos, but here is an idea of how this unfolds:



I guess this has been around for a while, but I was excited to uncover it this week.  I followed this great tutorial by Stamping Bella, that is complete with step-by-step photos.  I will share how I decorated each panel, but be sure to check out her tutorial to learn how to create the base.

The fun part of this card is that there is so much real estate to decorate.  I used a variety of green papers from the Festival Foils DSP pack, as well as the Lights Aglow DSP pack, so each section differs from the ones around it.  And I love that the green theme is a different approach for a snowy card!  Each of the patterned papers is matted on a piece of Evening Evergreen Cardstock before being adhered to the card base.

I used two stamp sets for my card:  the new Snowman Magic Stamp Set (and coordinating Snowman Dies) as well as the carried-over Penguin Place Stamp Set for some great snowy sentiments.  I love that the Snowman Dies come with lots of little pieces to dress up the snowmen, and some background trees too!  It's like playing with paper dolls again.  :)

I stamped each of my snowmen in Black Memento Ink and added buttons and faces to each.  Then I added some depth to the snowmen with my Balmy Blue Blends, shadowing the left side; some rosy cheeks with my Flirty Flamingo Blends; and some Pale Papaya Blends to his carrot nose.

With all those die options it was fun to just stamp and colour a bunch and see how they fit into my overall design.  I stamped hats and scarfs in Pool Party Ink and die cut trees from both Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Cardstock.  For the Crumb Cake trees I also sponged some Soft Suede Ink on the edges for added dimension.  And how adorable is that bunny rabbit?!

The Basic Border Dies created those pretty piles of fluffy snow, and I lightly added some colour along the top of each drift with my Pool Party Blends.  

Before adhering the front and back DSP panels I added a piece of Evening Evergreen Ribbon, which will tie my card closed as well as tie it open for display.

There is lots more holiday fun to see today!  Be sure to hop along to see what everyone else has to share with you, but please do leave me a comment before you go.  And don't forget, you can now join us and others on an Instahop too!  Click here to head over to Instagram now.

Leena– A La Cards

Sandy – Lolly & Sand 

Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)

Jen – Stamping with Jen

 Laurel – Laurel Davis Crafted


Happy Crafting,
Barb




1 comment :

  1. O wow Barb! You have outdone yourself! What a fun card! Excellent use of DSPs. Just stunning1

    ReplyDelete