MENU

Thursday 15 September 2022

Stamping Symphony Fall Themed Anything But A Card Blog Hop

We have something super special for you this month with our Stamping Symphony Blog Hop:  Anything But a Card (Fall Theme)!  I really enjoy making non-card projects and since Fall is my favourite season, it was double the fun for me this month.  I made this adorable sunflower and gnome gift box with LOTS of interesting bits to see!


I started with a Scalloped Kraft Treat Box....these boxes have amazing gold foil dots that add so much elegance to your gift giving.  After assembling the box and lid I used my Blending Brush and Soft Suede Ink to shade all of the edges, then I used a Blending Brush and Early Espresso Ink to add darker shading to the corners of all sides, for some additional depth.

Don't recognize that gorgeous leafy ribbon?  That's because I made it!!  I stamped the Natural Finish Ribbon with Early Espresso leaves from the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set.  I LOVE how this turned out!  The ribbon is just the right width to add a stamped image to perfectly suit your project.

Next it was time to watercolour.  I stamped the large sunflower image from the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set and several of the larger leaves in Versamark Ink on Watercolour Paper, and then heat embossed with Basic Black Embossing Powder.  Once set, I added Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, and Old Olive Inks with my Water Painter Brush to the sunflower and leaves.  I didn't want the normal white border around my die cut images, so I applied the inks outside the lines too--super fast and easy!

I used the same technique to watercolour my gnome, from the Kindest Gnomes Stamp Set.  His hat is Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie; his shirt is Calypso Coral; and his pants and shoes are Old Olive and Soft Suede.

I also die cut two of the detailed sunflowers in the Sunflowers Dies, one each from Mango Melody Cardstock and Cajun Craze Cardstock, along with some Very Vanilla foliage that I added shadowing to with my Blending Brush and Early Espresso Ink.  

All of my die cuts are assembled on top of the tied ribbon, with layers separated by Dimensionals.  The "warm wishes" sentiment is also from the Kindest Gnomes Stamp Set, and is stamped in Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock that was brushed with Early Espresso Ink.  The banner die cut is from the Stylish Shapes Dies;  I made it longer by stamping my sentiment off-centre and then trimming the left end off and moving it over, leaving an unseen gap behind the gnome.  Of course I had to add some bling with Basic Rhinestones on my gnomie's hat, a leaf, and the end of the sentiment.  

You are going to love seeing everyone else's fall projects this month.  Please let me a comment before joining us on Instagram, or hopping over to ..... 's blog to see what they have to inspire you this month.


 Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)

Jen– Stamping with Jen 

 Laurel– Laurel Davis Crafted

Happy Crafting,
Barb


1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful combination - the cute Gnomes, that gorgeous sunflower, and beautiful ribbon! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete