MENU

Friday 23 September 2022

Stampin' Friends Say It With Sentiments Blog Hop

The Stampin' Friends are Saying It With Sentiments this month for our blog hop, and this was a real challenge for me.  Adding the sentiment to a finished project is the part I struggle with the most and so I usually leave that to the end of my designing process--so to build everything around the sentiment instead was a stretch!  But hopefully you'll agree that the first thing your eye is drawn to on these projects is the sentiment:



I hope you're enjoying hopping along to everyone's blog today.  If I'm your first stop please be sure to follow the links at the end of this post to see what everyone else has for you this month. 

Card

For my card I started with a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock cut to 5.25" x 8.5" and scored at 4.25" (NOTE:  this is a quarter inch less wide than a normal cardbase, so there was room for my DSP banner to overhang the edge!). 


 I also die cut a panel with the Dots & Spots Die from the same colour cardstock; I think the tone-on-tone look is so fun with the polka dots.  I left some of the dots un-weeded, so I have a mix of filled and empty holes, and then popped it up on base using Dimensionals.  I also splattered some black and white ink on the card base for some texture.


I die cut a banner using the Stylish Shapes Dies--I love that each of those dies adds the pierced details to the edges.  The banner is cut from a scrap of Splendid Day DSP.  I stamped my sentiment, from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set, in Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock, and then die cut it with a circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  Then I stamped some leafy images from the Cottage Rose Stamp Set on top of my sentiment in Blushing Bride Ink, that I stamped off once first, for a lighter version of the ink.  


I die cut some pretty florals from the coordinating Cottage Flowers Dies in Basic White and added them behind my circle, before adding it to my card front with Dimensionals.  I hoped that by keeping the florals white I wouldn't draw attention away from my sentiment, and I think that was successful!  I also added some Basic Rhinestones for a little shine.

On the inside of my card I added a 4" x 5.25" Basic White panel that was stamped with some more leaves and I added another die cut floral piece as well.

3D Project

My 3D project this month is this adorable treat bag.  

It's a piece of Basic White Cardstock scored and folded into a bag, and then I just pinched the top together to bring it closed.  I added a 0.5" of the same Splendid Day DSP across the bottom of the bag once assembled.  For the front panel I die cut the Dots & Spots from Basic White Cardstock and layered it onto Blushing Bride Cardstock, which gives a different but still coordinating look.  I used the same sentiment from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set, but this time I die cut it with the Sentiment Silhouettes Dies, which are amazing!  I stamped the same imagery and added another die cut before attaching my sentiment with Dimensionals to the bottom corner of my front panel.  The panel is adhered with Tear-and-Tape to just the top of the bag, and then I added a pretty buffalo check ribbon and bow with the Black & White Gingham Ribbon.


I'm so pleased with how these projects turned out.  I'd love it if you could drop me a comment before heading on to see what everyone else has for you!  You are sure to enjoy what's coming up next:

Blog Hop Index

<!

Happy Crafting,
Barb

4 comments :

  1. These are just lovely - I especially like how you left some of the dots in - gives that die a totally different look. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Barb ... as always :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that die, but not all the circle confetti that's left over! LOL my craft room is awash with them. I never know what to do with those floral cut outs. I love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must checkout this die now! such fun projects thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete