MENU

Friday 15 April 2022

Stamping Symphony Last Chance Blog Hop

It's a bittersweet time of year again, as we say farewell to some fantastic items retiring this month to make way for the new annual catalogue (please let me know if you need a copy!).  The "last chance" list is dwindling fast, so if there are must-haves still on your list you will need to act fast to be sure you don't miss out!  I am featuring the oh-so-pretty Bloom Where You Are Planted DSP on my project today.  As of writing it is still available to purchase from my online store, and it is such a great collection of patterns for your stash.  I adore fussy cutting out the plants and couldn't resist this adorable pop-out fun fold!

Paper like this is so simple to use, you don't need anything fancier than a pair of sharp scissors!  Before fussy cutting I adhered the DSP to a piece of Basic White cardstock, which gave it a little more stability.  This isn't necessary for the plants that are glued flat, but I knew I wanted to pop some up on dimensionals and adding the cardstock provided the right amount of support to ensure they looked nice even after a trip through the mail!


I started with two Thick White cardstock bases cut to 3.75" x 9.75" (scored at 5.25") and 2.5" x 4.25" (scored at 1.25").  The smaller piece makes the "topper" for the card, and the base slides under that piece as a closing mechanism.  The DSP is cut to 3 5/8" x 4 3/8" (because I LOVE a narrow margin!) and 1 1/8" x 4 1/8".

For the pop-out piece you will need a piece of Basic White cardstock cut to 3.5" x 9.25" (scored at 5").  At the folded line I cut two very small lines, approximately 0.75" on each side of the fold (so 1.5" total) and about 0.25" apart.  You can customize the location and size to suit whatever you are using as your pop up image.  That small piece gets folded the opposite way from the fold of the card, as seen in this picture:


To assemble the card, start by gluing the pop-out base to the large card base.  Then add the topper by applying adhesive to the BACK of the card base and centering it on the topper.  Don't add adhesive to the front of the topper or your card won't tuck into the topper!  Glue your DSP to the topper and tie a ribbon around the entire piece...this holds the topper together while giving room for the card base to tuck underneath.


Now it's time to decorate!  I fussy cut eight different plants for the inside and outside decoration, popping some up on dimensionals.   I kept my sentiment simple with a rectangle of Basic White and a sentiment from the Best Year stamp set stamped in Black Memento ink, popped up on dimensionals.  The Best Year set is also retiring soon, and it has a great range of sentiments so pick one up before it's gone!  



My topper is tied with Denim Ribbon, which I am sorry to see retire too.  :(  It is so easy to work with and I love the way it frays if you want it to.


If you could leave me a comment before you hop along to see the rest of the projects this month I would so love to hear from you!  

Happy Crafting,
Barb








2 comments :

  1. You are so creative Barb! Love how this turned out like a tropical garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your card! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete