MENU

Sunday 3 April 2022

Creation Station Inspired By Our Favourites Blog Hop

Sometimes inspiration is nowhere (we've all been there, right?!)...and sometimes you find creative inspiration in many of the things you love.  That is the theme for our Creation Station Blog Hop this month--projects inspired by our favourite movies, novels, food...you get the idea!

My card is inspired by one of my favourite flowers, peonies.  I love, love, love the soft pink buds that transform into dramatic ruffled blooms and come back year after year.  I'm sad that the Prized Peony stamp set is about to retire :(  but I'm glad I had a reason to play one last time with these gorgeous distinctive stamps.


Welcome!  You may have hopped to me from Elizabeth Price at Seeing Ink Spots and I love what she created this month.  Be sure to keep hopping along at the bottom of this post to see what the rest of the Design Team has prepared for you this month too!

Since this blog hop is all about favourites I decided I should throw in a few more favourites of mine too:  heat embossing, Petal Pink ink and cardstock, and Basic Gray accents. 

I started with a Basic Gray top-folding card base, 4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5".  To that I added a layer of Petal Pink Cardstock that I stamped with the large Prized Peony stamp in Petal Pink Ink, and then used the Gingham Embossing Folder to add some texture to the panel.  Before adding this to my card base I layered it onto a thin Basic White panel so that it pops right off the dark gray base.

For some extra texture I also splattered white ink and Light Basic Black Blends across the panel.

I used my Stitched Rectangles dies to die cut a piece of vellum, and then heat embossed another peony image in White Embossing Powder in the bottom right corner.  I added the vellum to the centre of my card front, along with a heat embossed sentiment die cut from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

I kept the inside of my card simple with a condolence sentiment in Basic Gray and another stamped peony image in Petal Pink.  Stamping on the Basic White cardstock really showcases the detail in the peony image.  So sad to see this go!


Thanks for stopping by to see my project today, I'd love to hear from you if you have a few minutes to leave a comment before hopping along to Denita Wright 

Happy Crafting,
Barb


3 comments :

  1. I too love peonies (and this stamp set), this card does them justice! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. A simple layout totally stepped up to mirror the beauty of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ❤ and it looks amazing with the embossed background 🌺☕

    ReplyDelete