MENU

Sunday 6 February 2022

Creation Station Sale-a-bration Spotlight

Welcome everyone!  So glad you stopped by to see my project today.  With a theme celebrating all the free Sale-a-bration products you can earn this month you are bound to be inspired!  I created this fun angle fold card with a twist--and a belly band!

We are back for another Creation Station Design Team hop today and you are going to see some amazing projects.   You may have arrived here from Elizabeth Price's Seeing Ink Spots project--welcome!

I love the angles of this fun fold but always find it...challenging...to calculate the math for the layers when angles are part of a design.  So I altered the regular design of this card to have fewer angles and no measuring!  Start with a Thick Basic White cardstock base cut to 5.5" x 11" and scored at 3.25" and 7.5".  Then trim away a triangle at the top of both side flaps--they don't have to match!  I removed about 1" from the score line out to the end of each of the flaps.  On the left side, you will trim away one more piece on an angle, from the side to the outer edge.  I left about 2" across the bottom.  The flap on the right side I left with a regular 90-degree angle, since it is hidden when the card is closed anyway.  Here is a picture of it from the back, so you can see the two flaps:

To make the DSP layer match the angles I just temporarily adhered the DSP to each side flap, traced the angle, and then trimmed the piece to leave a 1/8" border on all four sides.  Easy-peasy and no measuring required!

My card features the free Friendly Hello Stamp Set and DSP, which you can select from the Sale-a-bration brochure with a qualifying purchase.  The papers are a pretty combination of springy colours, and the stamp set features a bird, flowers, leaves and sentiments.

The belly band was created by wrapping a 7/8" strip of Thick Basic White cardstock around the closed card base and adhering the ends together.  I then embossed a 0.75" x 4 1/8" piece of cardstock with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, which provides a punch of texture.

I stamped and coloured two of the images from the Friendly Hello stamp set with Blends in Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Granny Apple Green.  This is by far the best part of using Stampin' Up! (R) supplies--everything colour coordinates perfectly!  No more struggling to find the "right" shade of green in your markers to match.

After colouring I fussy cut the images with my Paper Snips and layered them together, then added them to my belly band with dimensionals.  For a final touch I had to add some Polished Dots, which add to the realism of the images by evoking the look of dew drops on the flower petals.

My sentiment, from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set, was heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Basic Black cardstock trimmed to fit.  This was added to the belly band with another layer of dimensionals too.

I stamped and coloured a Basic White 4" x 5.25" panel with some more of the floral images and my Blends for the inside of my card.  I glued that panel to a Petal Pink base cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" for a narrow, delicate pink border before adding to the inside of my card base.



At first this bundle didn't really catch my eye in the Sale-a-bration brochure, but it quickly became a favourite once I started using it.  It has definitely moved up my list now!

There is so much more to see!  Click on the button below to keep hopping to Martin's Mayhem and on through all of the projects this month.  I'd love it if you would comment before leaving!  And if you wish to purchase any of the supplies I used I would so appreciate your business.  💗

Happy Crafting,

Barb



3 comments :

  1. Barb: This card is everything! I love the crisscross design with the added DSP. And your belly band is a stroke of genius! I love this so much!! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too! And this set! I have it, and would love a PDF if available for this card!

    ReplyDelete