MENU

Sunday 30 January 2022

#TGIFC353 Project Challenge

This #TGIFC353 challenge this week was new territory for me!  I have never heard of a "loaded envelope" before, but after a little research I was totally up for making one!

My Winter Virtual Retreat includes an optional add-on class that includes three blends, two packages of dimensionals, and a package of rhinestones, and I have been looking for a cute way to package them up.  A loaded envelope was the perfect solution.


I started with a sheet of 12x12 paper (but you could make it smaller to fit your needs) from the Heart and Home DSP pack, and scored it at 3.25" on both the left and right sides, and 4.5" and 5.25" on the bottom.  Fold in the sides first, folding back the top edges to make a "collar"; then adhere.

Fold on the bottom at the first score line, then again at the second score line, to form a base.  I added a small piece of tear-and-tape to the top edge of the folded flap, just to secure it in place.  This leaves you with an envelope with three pockets to fill!

I needed a fourth pocket for the supplies I want to include, so I added another piece of cardstock cut to 6" x 3" and then scored at 0.25" on both short sides and one long side.  I added Tear-and-Tape to those flaps and attached it to my paper envelope, leaving the opening at the top.

Then I was ready for the fun part--decorating!  I loaded my envelope (pun intended) with oodles of coloured images from the Blessings of Home stamp set.  I used my Fresh Freesia Blends and Soft Sea Foam Blends to colour the images.  Once coloured I used the matching Flowers of Home Dies to cut them out and tucked them into each of the pockets.  I think they look like a riot of flowers exploding out of a wooden flower planter!

To decorate the front of my envelope I tied some Fresh Freesia ribbon around the bottom into a bow.  I die cut a large label from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies from Fresh Freesia cardstock and then embossed it with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.  

I cut a second label from the same set out of Basic White cardstock and stamped my sentiment from the Blessings of Home stamp set in Black Memento ink.  For a final touch I stamped another floral image in Soft Sea Foam on the right side of the label, and added some rhinestones for a little sparkle.

I also decorated a little package to hold the three blends that come with the retreat kit.  It's a simple folded box that is just perfect to showcase some other papers from the Heart and Home DSP pack.

I really hope you give a loaded envelope of your own a try--it is super fun to make! Pop over to the #TGIF site to see all the inspiration this week.

Want one of mine?  Registration to join my Winter Virtual Retreat (in Canada) closes on January 31, and this envelope will be included with the add-on class for local pickup. :)

Happy Crafting,

Barb


2 comments :

  1. Such a gorgeous little package Barb and a fantastic idea for packaging your retreat goodies. Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your creation. I'm a sucker for Fresh Freesia! Beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete