MENU

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Thank You Stamping Symphony Blog Hop

Our theme for this month's Stamping Symphony blog hop was "Thank You", and I was so happy to play with something not holiday related!  I love me some Christmas, but every now and then you have to throw in something different to freshen your perspective.  

Stampin Up Brilliant Rainbows Dies

I know rainbows are going to be hot over the next few months, Stampin' Up! fabulous new Rainbow of Happiness Bundle has already been tonnes of fun to play with.  The bundle includes a stamp set and coordinating dies, and there are also embellishments and a punch that work with the products.  Best of all--there is FREE (with $60 purchase) coordinating paper in the Sale-A-Bration brochure!  I wanted to do something a little different today and decided to use a rainbow border die that is included in the Brilliant Rainbows Dies set to make something unexpected.

What do you think?  It's like a rainbow fringe!  I am a colour collector, so I love having the chance to use a whole bunch of colour in one project.  I used the following, but the best part of a rainbow is that you can use any gradient of colours and it works:  Real Red, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Pale Papaya, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Granny Apple Green, Soft Succulent, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, and Fresh Freesia.

Rainbow of Happiness

After die cutting one border piece from each of the 13 colours I used my grid paper to line them up on a white panel.  Did you know that the grid paper is available for non-demonstrators to purchase?  It is invaluable, I have the hardest time keeping things straight and use my paper as a ruler all. the. time.  


I glued my rainbow panel to the top of a 5.5" x 8.5" Basic Black card base (folded at 4.25"), which left a great section on the bottom for my sentiment.  I chose the "Thank You" sentiment from the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set...I love the fonts in this set, and there is a lovely variety of sayings included.  I heat embossed the sentiment in White Embossing Powder in the bottom right corner.

For the inside of my card I used a sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set (from the bundle) and stamped it in Memento Black on a Basic White panel.  I added two more rainbow borders that I had left over from the front of my card, in Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss.

Thank you for stopping by today, if you have a moment to drop my a comment I would love to hear from you.  If you would like a copy of the new January - June mini catalogue and Sale-A-Bration brochure please let me know.

And don't forget to hop along to see everyone else's project too:

Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)

Happy crafting,
Barb




3 comments :