MENU

Friday 15 October 2021

Wedding Congratulations with Words of Cheer (Blog Hop)

I think there is a special magic at holiday weddings, as they gleam and shine and give us another reason to celebrate.  So while I have been immersed in Christmas cards for the last several weeks I knew I could slightly switch gears and make the perfect card for a holiday wedding as my card for the Stampin' Symphony Celebrate Blog Hop:

Handmade Wedding Card

I love the subtlety of a white-on-white look for a wedding card--it gives the opportunity to let lots of texture and shine be the focal point.  I started with a top-folding card base (4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5") in Thick Basic White and added a Basic White panel (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") that I embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.  I can't believe I didn't see the appeal of this folder when it first came out in the new annual catalogue!  It's a stand out in real life.

I cut the prettiest scalloped window frame from another piece of Basic White Cardstock, using a Scalloped Contour Die and layering a Stitched Rectangle Die inside to create a custom window.  All the stitching adds more texture and depth to the frame, which I glued directly onto the card base.

For my focal point I chose a very Christmas-y image from the Words of Cheer Stamp Set, but paired it with a pastel colour palette to tie in to my wedding theme.  For even more softness I heat embossed the image in White Embossing Powder and then watercoloured the image with my Aquapainter and Mint Macaron, Real Red, Soft Succulent, Sahara Sand, and Pool Party inks.   I then cut out the image with the coordinating Christmas Cheer Dies

Words of Cheer

My sentiment is part of the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set which I stamped in Soft Succulent Ink.  I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals on top of the watercoloured image, and then added the entire piece to the frame with another layer of dimensionals.

For final touches I added a sparkly bow of Glittered Organdy Ribbon and three Adhesive Pearls to the centre of my flowers.

I repeated the watercoloured imagery on the inside of the card, adhering it directly to the card base and trimming the excess.  Another sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set, also in Soft Succulent, completed the inside.


I think any holiday bride would be thrilled to receive this card!   Do you make wedding cards to match the theme or colour of the wedding?  I like to use the couple's invitation as a jumping off point for inspiration.

If you'd like to purchase any of these products and live in Canada I would be thrilled if you considered shopping in my online store.  :)

Handmade Wedding Card Stampin Up

Don't forget to keep on hopping and see all of the other Celebrate projects in our Blog Hop this month:


Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)

Happy Crafting,
Barb







8 comments :

  1. Love the white on white! I have this stamp and never thought of doing white embossing. Great job Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! I love the white on white too, but it is hard to photograph!

      Delete
  2. Barb, this is a stunning card! Your water colouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This technique is one of my favourites because it is incredibly forgiving. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Barb....each card you make is more gorgeous than the last! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is breathtaking!!! Now I need to get that set!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it for so much more than Christmas! Well worth the purchase ;)

      Delete