MENU

Saturday 2 October 2021

Blackberry Bliss Ombre Colour Challenge (TGIFC#336)

I'm back with another #TGIFC challenge card today.  This week was a colour challenge using a combination that I have never used before:  Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss and Black.  I substituted Basic White for the Very Vanilla, as I didn't have any (!) and decided to create my own black/white DSP background with an ombre technique to make the Blackberry Bliss really shine!

Stampin Up Blackberry Bliss

I started with a piece of  3 7/8" x 5 1/8" white cardstock and randomly stamped one of the floral images from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set in Black Memento Ink all over.  It's such a pretty floral!

I then used my Blending Brush to add Blackberry Bliss Ink to the bottom of my white panel, fading out as it went up the panel.  The trick to the ombre technique is to use lots of layers to build up the colour--if you try to go to heavy at one time it ends up splotchy instead of smooth.  

Stampin Up Shaded Summer

I felt the card needed a pop of metallic, so I added a panel of Silver Glimmer Paper (retired) just slightly bigger than the white panel, for the slimmest margin of bling.  I then added my card front to a standard top-folding card base using Basic Black Cardstock ( Basi4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5"). 

The sentiment comes from the same Shaded Summer stamp set, and I love the mix of fonts.  There are seven different sentiments included in the set, which makes it very versatile.  I decided to heat emboss the sentiment on a 0.75" strip of Blackberry Bliss cardstock in White Embossing Powder, which really just jumps off the background (helped by using dimensionals to adhere it to the base!).  I also added a few large rhinestones around the sentiment for a bit of shine.

For the inside of my card I added a strip of stamped and blended cardstock to a white panel, where I added another sentiment.  There is lots of room for a personal message to the recipient.

Have you given the ombre technique a try before?  I'd love to hear/see all about it, please leave a comment below and share!  And please head over to the TGIF Challenges site to see everyone else's creations this week.


Stampin Up Blackberry Bliss card

Thank you for stopping by today!

Happy Crafting,
Barb









No comments :

Post a Comment