MENU

Monday 25 October 2021

#TGIFC339 Alcohol Blending Technique Challenge

I was so thrilled to be named the winner of last week's #TGIFC338 challenge!  This weekly challenge is really helping me stretch my creativity wings.  And this week's challenge is no exception!  I really enjoyed making alcohol ink cards this past summer, but I haven't made one in a few months now.  This was just the nudge I needed to bring this technique back into my life. :)

As much as I love alcohol ink backgrounds, I have found that I'm happiest when pairing small bits of blending with lots of white space.  This card meets that design approach and certainly makes me happy!

I started with a mix of my favourite fall colours...Real Red, Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, and Pumpkin Pie.  Using the dark Blends of each of those colours, I made small "blobs" of colour on a piece of Vellum paper, and then used an eye dropper to add small quantities of isopropyl alcohol and allow the inks to naturally blend.

I used my favourite Stitched Greenery Die to create my front panel.  I die cut a leaf window from the top centre of my card front using the Stitched Leaves Dies.  They are the perfect pairing! 

Once dried, I adhered the vellum piece to a small white cardstock panel--this really helps the bright colours pop!  I then glued that square to a Real Red panel, lining up the blended background with my window opening.

I added the front panel to my prepared Real Red panel using Dimensionals.  I tied some gold thread around the whole front panel before gluing it to my top-folding Basic Black Cardstock base.  

I stamped my sentiment, from the Colour & Contour Stamp Set, in Memento Black ink on a scrap of Basic White Cardstock, and then die cut the label using the Tasteful Labels Dies.  For a final touch I added a spattering of Gilded Gems over the whole card.

I used the same colours and technique for the inside of my card too.  I was able to show off the wispy edges on the inside strip, which is a very different look from the marbling you get in the middle of the piece.  I like both, so I was happy to be able to incorporate both in my project!

Please be sure to check out all of the inspiration from the #TGIF site!  And if you have a moment to leave me a comment, it would make my day. :)

Happy Crafting,

Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment