MENU

Sunday 24 October 2021

Just Add Ink #577

This is my first time playing along with the Just Add Ink folks and I have to say, it really challenged me!   Fall is my favourite time of the year because I love all the gorgeous colours, so it was difficult to keep my colour palette paired down!



I went back to my go-to colouring technique--watercolouring--for this card.  I used a Fall palette of Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Shaded Spruce, Evening Evershade and Old Olive to provide just the right amount of autumnal feel.

I started by heat embossing my Festive Foliage background image in Black Embossing Powder on watercolour paper.  I'm having so much fun using this image for fall cards I don't think I've used this set for a Christmas card yet!

Heat embossing the image means that a small "ridge" is created, which helps keep the water from the colouring technique where you want it.  I'm definitely not a painter, but this technique makes me feel like one!

I wanted to keep focus on the imagery on this card, so I didn't add a lot of distraction.  I heat embossed a Copper edging all the way around my coloured panel, and then I ran it through my Timeworn Texture 3D Embossing Folder to add a whole bunch of texture.  I cut a scalloped circle (Layering Circle Dies) from Vellum paper that was also embossed with the Timeworn Texture to anchor my sentiment (from the Art Gallery stamp set), which is also heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder.

I love how this card turned out, but my first attempt was...not so successful!  I decided to share my first-try fail with you today too; after all, not everything works out the way you want it to the first time! 


Ugh.  All that yellow was such a mistake!  Waaayyy too bright.  It did help the dry embossing stand out though, so there is a lessen to be learned from every failure, right?!  

Thanks for stopping by today, please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Crafting,

Barb




3 comments :

  1. What a fabulous use of the inspiration and also Festive Foliage. Both are so striking and lovely Barb. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.
    And thank you for re adding your entry and correct link. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I am technologically challenged! :)

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely way to use a background stamp. I really like the way you have used the vellum to highlight the sentiment. I also like your Yellow version too - the colour highlighting is lovely. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete