MENU

Sunday 14 November 2021

#TGIFC342 Sketch Challenge

I'm back for another #TGIF Challenge this week, with an amazing sketch for inspiration!  Here is my card, and the sketch:

I am still knee-deep in Christmas in my craft room, and this was a nice way to add a fresh challenge to my day.  I decided to flip the focal image to the right side of my card and use it for my sentiment surrounded by festive foliage from the Christmas Season stamp set and matching dies.

I am all about using up my scraps of DSP this year--with paper as pretty as the Heartwarming Hugs DSP I don't want to waste an inch!  So I added a whole bunch of layers to my card front, including three 1.25" x 3.25" rectangles which are mounted on coordinating Mossy Meadow cardstock rectangles and added to a 4.75" x 3.75" DSP rectangle, which I mounted on Real Red.

My card base is a standard 5.5" x 8.5" in Thick White cardstock, scored and folded at 4.25".  I added a 0.5" strip of DSP across the bottom third of my card base to anchor the focal piece I created separately, and then added to the base as one piece.

This card is all about the details, so I added lots to see!  I added a stitched scallop border from the Penned Flowers Dies in Basic White to the left side of my card, and then tied some green twine around the whole piece.


My foliage images, stamped in Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake, are scattered behind and in front of my focal image and layered for super dimension.  I then added it to my prepared card base with dimensionals.


My sentiment is from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set and gave me a change to try a new technique I learned at On Stage this weekend--coloured heat embossing!  I pressed my sentiment stamp into my Versamark ink pad and then into my Real Red ink, then onto my white paper.  By stamping in Versamark first my red ink stayed wet longer, which gave me time to sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over top and heat set.  Check out that sheen!  And of course I had to add some sparkly Wonderful Gems embellishments too.


I added another strip of DSP to the inside of my card (0.5" x 5.5") and a sentiment in Memento Black Ink (again from Tidings and Trimmings) for the final touch.  


Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love for you to comment below before heading over to the #TGIF site to see everyone else's projects.  And if you'd like to purchase any of the items I used today you can easily click over to my store here, I'd love to be your demonstrator.  :)


Happy Crafting,
Barb








No comments :

Post a Comment