MENU

Monday 3 May 2021

Ombre Watercolour Sympathy (TGIF Challenge)

The TGIF weekly challenge #TGIFC314 was to case the Designer with an Oh My Ombre theme this week.  I decided to have one more go-round with the black and white True Love Designer Series Paper and watercolouring.

Stampin' Up! True Love DSP

I started with a 4" x 5.25" piece of watercolour paper and four inks:  Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, and Coastal Cabana.

I decided I wanted distinct edges between each colour, so I started at the bottom with Night of Navy, and then moved to the top with Coastal Cabana.  I used my heat gun to completely dry those sections before moving on to Pacific Point.  After drying that colour I then washed my final colour, Bermuda Bay.    After it was dry I spritzed some water droplets onto the paper, which lifted the colour from certain spots, and then I flicked some splatters of Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay.

Stampin' Up!

I fussy cut several blooms and leaves from the True Love DSP and placed the first layer directly onto the dry watercolour base (see picture below).

I layered the next flower blossom bundle on top with dimensionals, and then added one more layer with more dimensionals for some amazing depth to the focal image.

I heat embossed my "With Sympathy" sentiment (from the Vine Design stamp set) in white on a strip of Night of Navy cardstock and added it to the focal image with dimensionals as well.  And for a final touch I added several clear Elegant Faceted Gems, which I think look like big water droplets!


I glued the whole piece to a Night of Navy top-folding card base (4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5") and placed some clear blocks on the edges while it dried to keep the watercolour paper from curling.

For the inside of my card I added another fussy cut bloom, some ink splatters, and my go-to sympathy sentiment from an old Paper Pumpkin kit.  You may have noticed that this sentiment has made its way into the new annual catalogue!  If not, check out the Many Happenings set on pg 42.  I love the mixed fonts and the new, slimline design.



Don't forget to pop over to the TGIF site to see all of the projects created this week.  There is so much creativity shared there!


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great week!

Happy Crafting,

Barb




2 comments :

  1. Wow!!! That watercolored background is absolutely gorgeous and painted to perfection!!! Really stunning card overall! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami! It's always a great challenge at TGIF!

      Delete