MENU

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Making A Difference (TIGF Challenge)

I'm playing along with the TGIF Challenge (#TGIFC315) again this week, and it's a colour challenge!  I just received my new catalogue products this past weekend so it was a great chance to mix the old and the new for something super fun!

Let's talk about that GORGEOUS Stitched Greenery background die for a minute--it is ah-mazing!!!  It is so easy to miss in the catalogue (which is chock-full of fun stuff!) but as soon as I caught a glimpse of it on page 83 I knew it would be mine!  I have used it on...pretty much every card I've made since receiving it.  It's just the perfect, subtle touch to a project.


I paired the new die with the carrying-over Sunflowers dies and Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set, coloured with Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight Blends with just a touch of Magenta Madness to add highlights to the flower.  I also coloured the leaves with my Soft Succulent blends, one of the new In Colours introduced in this catalogue.

I didn't have any Magenta Madness ribbon--so I made some!  I coloured some (retired) whisper white gold edge ribbon with my Magenta blends.  This is a fabulous way to make ribbon to coordinate with any colour combination.

I stamped "You make a difference every day" in Magenta Madness ink, a sentiment from the new Inspired Thoughts stamp set, and die cut it with a stitched hexagon from the Tasteful Labels Dies.  For a final touch I added some of my favourite embellishments, Gilded Gems.

I stamped and coloured another sunflower image for the inside of my card, and then I once again used the Stitched Greenery die to add a little bit of stitching to the bottom.

The TGIF challenges are a great inspiration and a way to challenge yourself to stretch and grow your creativity.  I hope you'll play along too!  And don't forget to pop over to their site to see everyone else's projects this week.

Happy Crafting,

Barb




1 comment :

  1. mulch I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete