MENU

Wednesday 17 March 2021

You Make The Day Brighter Fun Fold

 I am having tons of fun this week with the Pretty Parasol stamp set...because you can never have enough rainy-day cards!  Every Wednesday I share a WOW card with you, and I think this one is a real wow because it is so pretty and simple.

I started with two regular card bases of 5.5" x 8.5" paper, folded in half, and then I trimmed just a hair off of both ends of one piece (this becomes the inside base).  The outside base is going to open from left-to-right, the opposite of how you normally make a card.

I used my layering circle dies to cut an opening out of the left-side of my outside base, moving it just off the edge.  I cut a scalloped circle from the same sat that was just a little bit bigger, and then used the same circle die to cut just the barest scalloped edge, and glued that to my window, cutting off the excess.

For the inside base, I added a piece of pretty DSP from my retired stash to the front, as well as the inside of the card, where you will write your sentiment. Then I layered my two card bases together by gluing the inside base, opening the standard way, inside the outside base, which again opens opposite (left to right).

All that was let to do then was decorate!  I stamped the umbrella and rain boots images in memento black ink on some white scraps and coloured them both with my Calypso Coral markers.  I punched the umbrella and handle with the Umbrella Builder punch, and added them to the inside of my window with dimensionals.  The boots are placed directly on the window opening with tombow adhesive.

I added another strip of the DSO on dimensionals to the bottom of the card front to anchor my sentiment, which I heat embossed in white on black cardstock and die cut with one of the Stitched Nested Label dies, after tying some white ribbon around the piece into a bow.

I added a few enamel embellishments for a final touch, and the card was complete!

For the inside I stamped, coloured and punched another umbrella and added it to a stitched scallop rectangle of white.

A fun way to brighten anyone's day!

Happy crafting,

   Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment