MENU

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Easy Birthday Card (2 of 3) with Picture Perfect Birthday


Today I will share the second card we made at my New To Stamping class last Saturday.   I will share the third and final card on Friday, so be sure to check back for that.

I kept the theme to birthday because everybody needs birthday cards!  And it is also just a little something more to recive a handmade card  for your birthday, isn't it?

For this card I used only the Picture Perfect set--but it was easy because this set has a great mix of fun fonts and images.  I was again inspired by Pinterest, just search for this stamp set an so many great ideas come up!

I started with a thick Whisper White card base and added a strip of Berry Burst and a flag of Lemon Lime Twist.  I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures, but we randomly stamped the flag with a tiny triangle stamp from the set.  This is a great way to create variety without adding DSP.


We stamped three solid candles in Berry Burst, Pool Party and Lemon Lime and topped them with Mango Melody flames.  Overtop we layered the sentiment in black Memento ink before cutting out  stitched circle with the Big Shot.  I love using circles for sentiments because you don't have to worry about stamping straight--a common frustration for new stampers. 

By using the thick cardstock for the base we were able to stamp directly on the inside of the card, which I love.  We added a few  more of those tiny trial goes to tie in the front of the card.


My New To Stamping class takes place on the first Saturday of each month, no experience necessary.  😊  I hope you will consider joining in on the fun!

I continue to work feverishly on items for my retired sale and open house next week (click on my events page for details).  Don't forget to RSVP in advance for some extra-special goodies.

Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment