MENU

Sunday 24 June 2018

Baby Elephant Card

My card this week was one of my make-and-takes from my Open House last weekend, and it features the super cute new Little Elephant stamp set and the Elephant Builder punch.


Such a simple card but just perfect to welcome that new little human to the world.  I used just three colours--Mint Macaron, Garden Green, and Soft Sea Foam (which is far and away my very favourite of the new core colours)-- and a double-layer of Whisper White.

I used the new Tufted dynamic embossing folder to add some delicate texture to a layer of white before adhering it to my white card base.  I stamped the little elephant twice in Mint and once in Sea Foam on white cardstock, and then punched them out with the coordinating Elephant Builder punch.


I layered a strip of Sea Foam cardstock with a layer of white, and added a tiny little "tag" to the back of the strips, with my Sweet Baby sentiment stamped in Garden Green.


My mini elephants were added to the strip, about 2" down, using dimensionals.


I kept the inside simple as well.  Because my card base was made with thick cardstock I didn't need to add layers inside (one of the reasons I love that product!).  I stamped one more mini elephant in Sea Foam in the bottom corner, and "Hello little one" in Garden Green.

 I went with a neutral palette for my card so that it was appropriate for a girl or a boy,  but this could easily be changed to more traditional pinks and blues.  This is one of the main benefits of the new colour revamp--the colours lend themselves to this ombre look so easily!

I'll end with a brief reminder about my upcoming class on July 7.  Please email me to reserve your seat, I designed our projects yesterday and they are so fun!

Have a great week,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment