MENU

Friday 15 June 2018

Animal Expedition Suite Makes a Great Pair (Blog Hop)

It's time for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop--already!  Luckily our theme this month is to feature items from the new annual catalogue, and I have spent a lot of time over the last two weeks making samples for my Open House tomorrow.  The hard part is picking which one to show you all!

My favourite suite (so far!) is definitely Animal Expedition.  What's a suite you ask?  Well let me tell you. :)  A suite is a grouping of products that all coordinate perfectly together.  We're talking ink, cardstock, Designer Series Paper, stamp set, framelits, and embellishments--everything you could possibly want to make some incredible projects! 



Stampin' Up has always been known for their incredible coordination, but they have stepped it up a further notch with this suite--THE FRAMELITS CUT OUT THE ANIMALS IN THE DSP PAPER!!!  Sorry, did I yell that?  It is just sooo cool.  I'll have an example of a card I made using this technique for you later, but in the meantime, on to my blog hop card!

 This card was inspired by Kylie Bertucci, a demonstrator down under in Australia.  I went to my go-to place and watercoloured this little guy while I waited for my coordinating products to arrive (I won him at On Stage in April).  Isn't he too cute?! 

I started by embossing my image in Basic Black Embossing Powder, which has been brought out of retirement this year.  I coloured him with Gray Granite and some Powder Pink on his horn, with a Pineapple Punch bird friend and Call Me Clover Grass.

 
What a cutie!
That strip of DSP just pops off the card front, doesn't it?  But what really takes it over the top is that gorgeous leaf ribbon. 
 
 
Seriously, I love it all.

Want to see it in person?  Or even better, get the suite for free??  Stop by my Open House tomorrow (June 16) between 10 am-2 pm!  Check out my Events page for more details.

To balance the card I added a white-embossed sentiment on black cardstock in the bottom corner.  I could not be happier with this card--totes adorbs!


That's it for me folks, but keep on hopping!  My teammates have some great projects to show you too.

JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)


See you tomorrow!
Barb


2 comments :

  1. Your watercolouring is outstanding Barb! I may need a lesson :-)

    ReplyDelete