MENU

Monday 19 March 2018

Live it with Zest!

Good Morning, and happy to return to normal programming!  March break is over for another year, and we are back to school and work this morning.  We had a fun, relaxing week but it will be nice to get back to our regular schedule. :)

For my blog post this week I made a card featuring the Lemon Zest stamp set.  It has some of my favourite punny sentiments, including the one I used this week:  "Life's short, live it with zest!"



I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Lemon Lime Twist to make my lemon, lime and orange slices, and punched them out with the 2" circle punch, which fits this image perfectly.  I really wanted those fun spring colours to pop, so I mounted them on a piece of Whisper White cardstock with dimensionals, and then mounted everything on to some retired black DSP.  (This could easily be substituted with any current black DSP, but I am all out--time for an order!!)


I used Tuxedo Black Momento Ink to stamp the first half of my sentiment on the front of the card, and mounted everything onto a Basic Black card base.

I added some sparkle to my fruit slices with my Wink of Stella glitter brush--one of my fav's.  So much easier than the old way of using glue and loose glitter and waiting forever for it to dry!  It isn't easy to get a photo of the shimmer it added to the front of my card, but here's the best I could do:


I saved the second half of my sentiment for the inside of my card, adding a small lemon slice with some more sparkle as well.


How will you be living your life with zest today?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week,
Barb


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment